• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FEW DUBOW A-2

Grant

In the world of reproductions, doesn't get better than this Dubow from The Few NZ.
When I first laid eyes on it, I thought for certain it was a worn original, complete with paint splotches along with well worn knits and lining.
BTW, it's marked a sz 46 but fits more like a 44.

D1.jpg
Dubow2.jpg
D2.jpg

P-47 thunderbolt

I expect you'll leave the knits as they are and the paint splotches precisely because it looks so authentic? I mean I would!

Grant

Hahaha, already starting to darn the knits and repair the lining and wouldn't think of touching the paint splotches. It's not super light weight, but not overly thick like many reproductions today.Someone took great care in selecting the color and correct weight goatskins.

B-Man2

Thanks Burt. It just goes to show, if a reproduction is done right with attention to details, it has the potential to turn into something special.
I have to agree with you .
This is really pretty sweet looking .

Silver Surfer

funny you should mention it, im on my way there in a moment or so. possibly Monday, Tuesday? its a short week, as I have to get kris out to sag harbor for the premier of her doc.

stanier

How does it compare to your Platon Dubow Grant? I know this is goat and the other horse so maybe not a fair question, but in all other regards? Cheers

Grant

Actually good question, Stanier! As much as I liked my old Platon Dubow, the length of the jacket was on the short side for a sz 42 or 44 pattern. Also, Platon didn't quite nail the slightly curved Dubow collar shape and I found the hides a little on the thick side for what I prefer for an A-2, so ended up selling it on.

The only negatives about The Few Dubow are they didn't use OD thread and the epaulets are a tad too narrowing for the classic Dubow epaulet. Other than that, overall pattern, hide color and thickness, lining, knits and original M-41 zip are remarkable.

If I were a shady character and removed the tiny Few and Made in NZ labels, this jacket could easily pass for an original with most folks.