• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FEW Dubow 1755

missonnier

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
hi guys,

This is some pictures from the discontinued THE FEW company, what so you think of this Dubow, for me this repro is quiet more accurate than a RW 23380 THE FEW Repro.

Brettafett

Agree, the RW23380s, even those by Real McCoy are not super great.
The Few made some great jackets, this Dubow looks very nice. I like the mid brown knit. Looks almost identical to my 27798 (Platon's version).

B-Man2

Please correct me if I’m wrong guys, but I thought that one of the notable characteristics of the Dubow 1755 was its dull purple knits . The 1755 was the last and smallest of the Dubow contracts and the purple knits were a part of every original 1755 I’ve ever seen.
Cheers

Brettafett

From my understanding you are right. I have heard that one or two 1755 originals have been seen/ found with brown knits. Likely replacements imho.
I have only pics I've collected and the words of others to go by. I have one set of pics, of an original 4th FG Dubow 1755 with brown knits, but they are clearly replacements...
The Few's jacket could have been replicated off one of these or just artistic license.
Original 27798s on the other hand, can definitely be found with both rust and brown knits, although I'd hazard to say the rust was more common. I may be wrong.

stanier

I hate to swim against the tide, and certainly don’t mean to be unkind, but I don’t like this ‘The Few” jacket.

The leather looks a bit smooth and plasticky, particularly in the first three pics, and it doesn’t drape right, the arms, particularly the left arm, look like an actual arm is still in it! Oh and the knits should be purple.

It looks like the pattern is ok, but needs better attention to the details. Just my tuppence worth.

B-Man2

2240B520-A464-42EB-AEC0-5F9FAD5E03E3.jpeg
Here’s a photo of an original Dubow 1755 for comparison. I think when you look at this and The Few 1755, the subtle differences in the two jackets are a little more obvious.

mulceber

Agreed with what’s been said above; the 1755s were originally made with purple knits; other colors were (probably) altered after production. But then, as GW says on their “about our jackets” page, brown knots are some of the most common alterations requested on Dubows. And it’s not necessarily inaccurate, since we don’t know when the brown knits that occasionally show up on the 1755 were added.