• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The case with Jeff and Brian

A

Anonymous

I wish to apologize in public to the above gentlemen for the delay with their jackets.
Their case is not exactly the same. The case with Jeff was the replacement of his Navy jacket that didn't fit well with an A-2 and with Brian it was a try before you buy A-2.

What happened is this. We were waiting delivery of the Victory horsehides. The tannery delivered antique russet instead of russet that Brian wanted so with russet not available the only choice was dark seal. I had asked BK to reserve enough leather for the two gentlemen. As we were waiting delivery of the dark seal it almost sold out before it was even delivered to BK. We didn't know this at the time because there is no exact way to measure/count this if you do not have the leathers in hand, especially when the jacket orders are of different sizes. Some of the orders were from return customers who had bought the seal brown before. Whatever was left of that was already spoken for. BK thought they had to serve the customers that paid their money first and then the 'try before you buy' customers. All that time, I was under the impression that enough leather was left for Jeff, Brian and stanier, until one recent morning got a call from Andy saying "We 're out of VHH". I said "what about my 3 guys?" He replied "there's leather for 1 jacket left". I asked Andy to keep this for Jeff who had at that time shipped back his Navy jacket. I was going to apologize to Brian and stanier and ask to wait a little longer; stanier was getting a free jacket anyway. A couple of days later, received another call from Andy who said that due to a mistake of the cutter the leather was cut to the size of stanier's order. Lucky for stanier but great disappointment for me who wanted to replace Jeff's jacket. I explained to Jeff that there is further delay but haven't been able to talk to Brian yet, not having figured out exactly what to say.

Jeff thought that the Star prototype was the jacket that used up his leather. No, that was cut at a very early stage when the leathers first came in. It remained unassembled until now. All VHH leather went to orders, except the Star and the Aeronaut. BK didn't even get the chance to make prototypes for Werber, Perry, Aero 16160, Poughkeepsie and 1756 that they have patterns for and wish to present on the website.

Stanier's jacket is finished and will ship this week.

Jeff and Brian will be the first ones to be served when the new batch of VHH leathers arrives.

Again, please accept BK's and my apologies.