• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black Sheep Irvin - Coming Soon from Aero

Ken at Aero Leather

Black Fleece Irvin Air_Marshal_Sir_Arthur_Coningham,_Italy,_January_1944_TR1497.jpg

The wheels have been set in motion on this new project, we are having enough sheepskin tanned to do a small trial run of half a dozen or so, price will the same as or very close to our current RAF jacket. Book now :)

Smithy

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many black fleece Irvins were originally made?

No idea Nick and I doubt that specific information regarding that ever existed. I have a number of period photos of them (some I have posted here including the one of Coningham) so they were not as rare as hen's teeth yet still not exactly numerous. You'd have to hazard a guess and imagine that there were perhaps somewhere between 50 to maybe at the absolute most 150 - 200 made. I'd be very surprised if it was more than that.