• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The best is here...

A

Anonymous

After Gary's book proved that steer/cowhide was used in A-2's we decided to include steer/cowhide in our range.
And because only the best would be good enough, we made an order for some leathers from renowned Italian vegetable tanner Badalassi.

Badalassi cowhide is a very high quality veg tanned aniline finished leather used by the Japanese repro makers and is many times sold at prices higher than Japanese horsehide. It is really the best there is.

I am sorry that I do not have photos of BK jackets in this leather to show you yet, so I will show you some of the Japanese repro makers just to see how it is like

FEW1.jpg

FEW2.jpg

2012_09_29_05.jpg

2011_09_17_04.jpg

You will notice also the original price at Eur 1375 for the A-2.
BK price will be around 50% of that i.e. Eur 700 for the A-2 jackets.

I think it's a good deal and am happy to be bringing you the best at the best possible price.
Leathers are expected mid August and Badalassi says they are very punctual.
BK is accepting orders by email NOW!!!

2BM2K

Gary's book also included the leather specification for A2 jackets and showed that the leather was chrome tanned.
So, will Bill Kelso be offering a chrome tanned version of their Victory Hide?

A

Anonymous

Tanning method is not something you can see by naked eye.
Veg tanned is higher quality meant to be used for high quality hides. We can't go the high quality tanneries and ask them to reduce the quality of the hides they make (i.e. make them chrome tanned). They will laugh and not do it.

We will have chrome tanned hides in the near future but it will not be the "Victory". It will have to be sourced from others.

A

Anonymous

Just to let you know, the Badalassi (Badass) hides are on the way. We expect to have them in next Monday/Tuesday.