• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Best Advice You'll EVER get! Guaranteed

Silver Surfer

disagree, my man. dont hang leather jackets on anything, even when dining out or at a bar, movies, etc. lay the jacket flat with the arms akimbo when in storage. when out and about fold the the jacket length wise and fold it over your chair. [no theft, no unseen food or drink on it] so far this has served me well. i cant tell ya how many jackets i have seen or for that matter, handled, that have had those hanger bulges at the top of the shoulder, or arm tops. worse yet are the wwll originals that have torn through at the top due to hangers.

Ken at Aero Leather

I too store mine on the floor but the great majority buying a premium jacket use a hanger
As Vic say's many have been ruined by bad hangers.

Ken at Aero Leather

Agreed Vic. It is really an advertising thread and belongs either in the repro maker section or for sale one.

This is not advertising, nor is it a "repro" matter or "for sale"
This is advice from someone who has handled many, many thousands of leather jackets over a period exceeding 50 years

Greg Gale

Ken, so the point is that the hanger should not be so steeply sloped as to make the jacket's weight concentrate on the neck part? Or is the wider shoulder part a problem too?

Ken at Aero Leather

Ken, so the point is that the hanger should not be so steeply sloped as to make the jacket's weight concentrate on the neck part? Or is the wider shoulder part a problem too?

The important bit is that the shoulder of the hanger and the shoulder of the leather jacket are set at the same angle, wider shoulder hangers aren't a problem, wide "front to back" is good, if you can find one with the same shoulder angle as ours but with extra width front to back then that's even better but, either way, the hanger shouldn't protrude too much into the head of the sleeve.
Bottom line, those cheap thin wooden hangers used for shirts would do less harm than a scupltured one with a steep angle

Ken at Aero Leather

of course, none of this applies to Jackie Charlton
Jackiecharlton.jpg

Persimmon

Hang on.
Now don’t AVI or those pesky Chinese companies do a more cut price version.

Yes I know the wood was not carved from Scottish trees laid down at the time of Jesus and individually crafted and worked on by 100 year old artisans producing stitch by stitch replicas.

We need reviews ( albeit they will go off track ) and arguments to sort this out.

Now where is Ole when you need him.

Roughwear

This is not advertising, nor is it a "repro" matter or "for sale"
This is advice from someone who has handled many, many thousands of leather jackets over a period exceeding 50 years

Had it not been about your product I would agree, but it is linked directly to your site. It is advertising and is posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Cocker

My A-2 getting is hanged on large shouldered cloth hangers, dropped on chairs, on the ground, folded over, laid flat, whatever...

Ken at Aero Leather

I think you'll find plenty occasions on VLJ where a vendor has put a link to a product of their's outside the "for Sale" section, I don't recall anyone but new members ever being chastised for it..........or do different rules apply to Aero?

Can we let the moderators decide if this is advertising or advice?......................John? Nathan? I'll happily bide by your decision.

Last edited:

Roughwear

Your post underlines the importance of VLJ having clear vendor rules.

There is a section for vendors called Reproduction makers. There have been occasions when vendors have posted in the wrong section and their posts have been moved or deleted.

Ken at Aero Leather

Hang on.
Now don’t AVI or those pesky Chinese companies do a more cut price version.

Yes I know the wood was not carved from Scottish trees laid down at the time of Jesus and individually crafted and worked on by 100 year old artisans producing stitch by stitch replicas.

We need reviews ( albeit they will go off track ) and arguments to sort this out.

Now where is Ole when you need him.

This emphasis is firmly on the shape of the hanger , the advice is use ours or anybody elses, if you noticed I advised Greg what to look for to get an even better one than ours, if AVI or a Chinese maker sells a cheaper/better one, buy that..............and yes, these came from China.........not a single Scots Pine was hurt in the making of our hangers