• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AN-J-3 you asked for is here!!!

A

Anonymous

In 360 degrees here:

http://www.billkelsomfg.com/3d/an-j-3/

and some photos here:

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

with whatever choice of knits of course.

Tim P

Now that is for the person who finds A2's restrictive but is less fond of the mouton collar thing. I think it looks a little less military all round to be honest. Very nice looking jacket. Why more people don't offer them I have no idea.

A

Anonymous

Very honestly speaking, it's amazing. Photos don't do justice.

Skip

Asuming it will be in the mail soon?

You realise for the next few weeks I'll be driving the postman berserk :lol: :lol:

Dr H

Offer that one in seal goatskin with/without epaulettes and it'll really do well Platon - fine job.

Skip

Andreart said:
whats with the epulates? all the 3's I have don't have it.
This is based an AN-J-3 but is a custom jacket I specifically ordered, as for epaulettes like Ian said, some came with, others without, I just like 'em.

Some time ago Platon and I had a discussion on an AN-J-3, to which I discussed more in depth with Andy, combining certain aspects of maker A-2's on an M-422 frame. It has a cotton lining, and A-2 knits, and minus the storm flap, and leather is HH. I'm sure if anyone requested a mil spec version it will come in goat, brown knits, rayon lining, and no doubt will be available for purchase as such, as soon as BK can get it on the website. As far as I'm concerned their work is top notch, and they're going from strength to strength.

marco77

Ok that's a great jacket.
AN mean a contract for Air Force and Navy.
I am looking for pictures of the jacket on duty during WW2 , USN and AAF

Platon , you and BK make a very beautiful jacket , a very good compromise with stylish A-2 look and confort of M422 / G-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see it soon on your website

Thanks again for your great jacket !!

Marco

A

Anonymous

Thanks Marco. We try our best.

Some guys ask if there is a storm flap.
So here's one shot of the interior.

anj3.jpg

chamboid

This is a very nice jacket, very impressed. Nice little subtle differences. Going completely off spec would could it be possible done with buttons and a Cossack style shawl collar?

Skip

Dr H said:
marco77 said:
I am looking for pictures of the jacket on duty

I've not come across any - weren't they withdrawn before service?

That's what I've read too Ian, Never seen any active pics either, but there are 'rumours' of service out there, true or false? who knows . Probably why you only ever see them with Civvie labels, like my Doniger/McGregor one.

A little bit of mystery makes the jacket all the more desirable?