• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Aero Motorcycle Jacket

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
After the disaster with the Sam Walker Highwayman, I was kinda sworn off Aero, but you know how it goes ...

This one's a size 38, boring in black, two lady owners, circa early 1990's, and it's on probation.

I'm certain this one is made by Aero ...

• It has an Aero label.
    It has Rod Stewart lining.
    The buckle is too narrow for the belt.

Here's some pictures ...

Aero_Brando38.jpg

Aero_Brando41.jpg

Aero_Brando42.jpg

Aero_Brando43.jpg

Aero_Brando44.jpg

Aero_Brando45.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks, Doug ... I'll clean it, and generally mess around with it, wear it once, or twice ... see if we bond. ;)

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Thanks, Doug ... I'll clean it, and generally mess around with it, wear it once, or twice ... see if we bond. ;)

Essentially, that's what one needs to do with every jacket. We can not like a jacket particularly but find it suits us as an individual perfectly and end up keeping it against our original intentions, or we can love a jacket yet discover after wearing it that it's not really us. Really, one could do with a trial period for each and every jacket.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks, Noel, I can see it happening ... the courting process has begun. She's been washed down with the lather of the John Lever recommended grated Pears soap, rinsed off, and is now drying out. Next, a little RM Williams conditioner.

You have to wonder about John, and the Pears soap recommendations ... Lever Brothers acquired the brand in 1917, and as Unilever still market it today.

bseal

"Rod Stewart lining." :twisted:

Some guys have all the luck, some guys do nothing but complain.

-R. Stewart

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
... I saw him once.

I'd just locked the shop, and I heard banging on the glass of the side window, where I had two life size stone greyhound statues displayed. By the time I looked, there was Rod, bobbing up, and down outside, trying to attract their attention. Rachel was laughing, and trying to drag him off down the street.

Alcohol may have been involved.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
Thanks, Noel, I can see it happening ... the courting process has begun. She's been washed down with the lather of the John Lever recommended grated Pears soap, rinsed off, and is now drying out. Next, a little RM Williams conditioner.

You have to wonder about John, and the Pears soap recommendations ... Lever Brothers acquired the brand in 1917, and as Unilever still market it today.
David,
you sussed me out.

I am in fact not a simple craftsman but a multimillionaire trying to buy all the worlds best reproduction flight jackets... :lol:

Have you found that the glycerine softens and conditions the leather really well ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I am in fact not a simple craftsman but a multimillionaire trying to buy all the worlds best reproduction flight jackets... :lol:

I knew it. :cool:

Have you found that the glycerine softens and conditions the leather really well ?

Yes, I'd used it on the red Highwayman, and that came out well ... and with both jackets I followed up with the RM Williams conditioner. I like that too, when it dries it hasn't darkened the leather at all, the scuffs, and scratches return, and it will buff to a dull sheen.

So it's all done, and I'm happy now ... I'm keeping it, but a size 38, is it usual to size down with Aero?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I don't know if you will see any improvement, but here it is, ready to hang in the wardrobe with the others ... waiting for Winter.

In a couple of places it is marked as follows ...

• S1920
    WC/9-495

Is this something Aero might do?

Aero_Brando_9.jpg

Aero_Brando_6.jpg

MikeyB-17

deeb7 said:
She's been washed down with the lather of the John Lever recommended grated Pears soap, rinsed off, and is now drying out.

Tell me more! When did this gem of information come to light? I have a recently-acquired jacket that could do with a bit of a clean!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Mikey, I simply sponged it over with the Pears soap lather, using an old face cloth, getting into the nooks, and crannies, then sponging again with water. I cleaned my G-1 like this, and it was fine with the rayon lining.

John's earlier posts (I searched PEARS), all involve the washing machine ... but my jackets are afraid of washing machines.

arclight

deeb7 said:
... I saw him once.

I'd just locked the shop, and I heard banging on the glass of the side window, where I had two life size stone greyhound statues displayed. By the time I looked, there was Rod, bobbing up, and down outside, trying to attract their attention. Rachel was laughing, and trying to drag him off down the street.

Alcohol may have been involved.

Great looking jacket and a super fit David........"You Wear It Well"

"Who's that knocking on my door? Gotta be a quarter to four" R. Stewart "Hot Legs"