• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Test pilot jacket - Pace Flight Apparel

Hi guys, can anyone give me any info on this? I've only seen them before tagged up in Lockheed patches. I'd be keen to know anything about it.

Screenshot_20200222-223215~2.png

Screenshot_20200222-223219~2.png

Screenshot_20200222-223222~2.png

Screenshot_20200222-223233~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-223229.png
    Screenshot_20200222-223229.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 217

oose

Hi,
Yes many made for Lockheed. Pace were the same as Bowlers Shirt & Uniform, quality is down on those made earlier by Bowlers and no where near the quality of Port Echo, Land MFG, Kings Point and Frauhauf jackets.

All the best
$T2eC16dHJF4FFkkd7eHcBSIlhkT+jg~~60_57.jpg
lab.jpg

Hi,
Yes many made for Lockheed. Pace were the same as Bowlers Shirt & Uniform, quality is down on those made earlier by Bowlers and no where near the quality of Port Echo, Land MFG, Kings Point and Frauhauf jackets.

All the best

Thank you so much! Just to dig into this a little, you say many, but my understanding is these are pretty rare items? do you have an idea of production numbers? And do you know the approx age? Pace seems relatively hard to find info on, the only other bits I've seen (a flight suit from close encounters of the this kind, and another of these blue jackets from testing the S3 Viking) suggest 1970-75, but I'm really not sure here!

asiamiles

Buzz did a Lockheed jacket in those colours and similar materials, though the design was closer to the L-2 with no upper zipper pockets. I had one but it just didn't suit me for whatever reason.