• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Taobao help

B-Man2

Dimitry
If the jacket fit me, I think I would buy it regardless of what I owned, after all, how often do you get the chance to buy a NOS military issued flight jacket, in the original issued box. It will only increase in value as time goes by.

Brettafett

Do you find your Alpha a good fit Greg, or a touch big. I find I am in-between sizes again. Med fit nicely, but shortish. Large fit well length-wise, but a bit baggy. Generic MA-1.

Greg Gale

My Alpha is a "VF-59", that is ,a modern, slimmer cut. "M" was a tad snug but quite short. L is more relaxed, I'd call it spot on, not baggy definitely. I've never tried a generic Alpha MA-1. If all goes well, it may be up in the classifieds in a few weeks ;)

Flightengineer

Dimitry
If the jacket fit me, I think I would buy it regardless of what I owned, after all, how often do you get the chance to buy a NOS military issued flight jacket, in the original issued box. It will only increase in value as time goes by.
It fits me, it's my size, but for me it's a weekend jacket. Like all my other flight jackets. Enough of one nice MA-1 in my closet :). I have a lot of flight jackets and a lot of vintage field jackets.
Besides, I'am (as all normal people) wear ordinary civil jackets,coats, trench coat etc in this life time to time :)
So let it be bought by someone who does not have the original Ma-1 and will be happy with this beauty.

Greg Gale

OK, first try: failed. The seller doesn't ship abroad, but at least he speaks English. So I applied for a refund, then retried through Superbuy, which seems to be a very straightforward page.

Lebowski

No need cleaning - Orig 1967 Dtd. Unissued Intermediate Flying Jacket, Type MA-1, Sz. M, w/Orig Box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Orig-1967-Dtd-Unissued-Intermediate-Flying-Jacket-Type-MA-1-Sz-M-w-Orig-Box/382568068635
Very interesting jacket, but there are strangely different contract numbers on the photos of the box and on the photos of the jacket (DSA-1-3075-64-C on the box and DSA 100-67-C-1472 on the jacket).
Looks like the box belonged to any different jacket, correct?

silvio76

Very interesting jacket, but there are strangely different contract numbers on the photos of the box and on the photos of the jacket (DSA-1-3075-64-C on the box and DSA 100-67-C-1472 on the jacket).
Looks like the box belonged to any different jacket, correct?
Definitely.