• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker Jackets revisited

Thomas Koehle

Gents,

the stencils on my jacket have been done by JOSH - unfortunately he is no longer in business ...

IWofsmC.jpg

if some more pics would be required let me know - i snap some and post 'em or forward to yer email-adress

the jacket originally is made by "The Dong" and came fully geared up for a "FURY" repop - gave her some washes and removed the ranks afterwards to give her the appearance of someone who lost his ranks with the "ghosts" still visible

MpuLLe3.jpg

the jacket is a thad on the small side but if i ain't breath it works somehow :)

ausreenactor

Probably tied to customers and changing their minds. Any graphic artist will get frustrated by customer needs.

His work was the best out there across leather, starlings and post war stuff.

Thomas Koehle

No clue whyhe stopped doing jackets ... - once in a while he pops up on FB again but is now doing all sorts of sewing and stuff but no longer commissions for jacket-art as far as i know???

He told me he started studying design (as far as i remember ...) so maybe he wants to focus more on studies???

Wedge417

Between a SMW and a WWiimpressions which one would win according to the experts? or are they of equal accuracy and quality?

B-Man2

I had a WWII Impressions Tanker and I found it to be a pretty accurate repro. This problem with WWII Impressions is that they always seem to be out of inventory .

foster

Well it depends. I have read here and there that BR is inferior to wwii or SM. The wool lining is apparently thinner in BR jackets.
Can anyone confirm?
That was on the older Buzz Rickson's tanker jackets. The ones that they have made since 2014/2015 have had the proper weight blanket wool lining.

I have a WWII Impressions one, mainly due to BR not making the size that would fit me best.

No comment on SM Wholesale, as I have not seen one of their jackets in over a decade. My first tanker jacket was one of theirs, and at the time it was the best one available (and possibly the only one available apart from an original).

Brettafett

BR or RM top of the class
Everything else battles for second place ;)
Bronson and Bob Dong's versions are copies of BR and RM, so decent jackets for the price, and in a humble opinion, win over SMW and WWII impressions.
Personally love my fleece-lined ATF Tanker. Yeah not as accurate in detailing as the BR or RM, but hell-of-a-comfortbal daily wearer.