• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker Jackets revisited

Brettafett

Hi Gary,
Yes they do, they were a part of my search.
Just search Bob Dong Tankers on Ebay, they have a shop on there. However, they don't have much stock left, and then only in small sizes. They may have some patched'Fury' versions.
I emailed them and they said there were no plans to restock in the near future, but that is not to say they won't.
Bronson has a couple of versions, series 1 and 2... but in the series 2 they only do the patched 'Taxi Driver' version, they're not doing an unpatched version.
Hope this helps.

dinomartino1

I have owned both the dong and the Bronson 1st model tanker jacket the bronson is a good jacket for the price but the dong is better, nicer lining and outer shell fabric.

Garylafortuna

Thank you Brettafett. I've contacted eBay vendor Lee ( vtgdr.store ) and got essentially the same information:
nothing remaining beyond size 38, and it may be three or four months before stocks are replenished.
Dinomartino1, you are right on the money about Bob Dong having the edge over Bronson in quality. My collection includes jackets by both Bronson and Bob Dong, and find Bob Dong to be a cut above, perhaps not in construction, but definitely in materials used. Thanks for your insight.

dinomartino1

Thank you Brettafett. I've contacted eBay vendor Lee ( vtgdr.store ) and got essentially the same information:
nothing remaining beyond size 38, and it may be three or four months before stocks are replenished.
Dinomartino1, you are right on the money about Bob Dong having the edge over Bronson in quality. My collection includes jackets by both Bronson and Bob Dong, and find Bob Dong to be a cut above, perhaps not in construction, but definitely in materials used. Thanks for your insight.
try aliexpress

Garylafortuna

After reading Brett's review on the ATF Fleece Lined Tanker, I ordered from them. I'm not against wool, but I think the fleece is more practical for cool summer nights, and it is washable besides. Come fall Bronson and Bob Dong may be restocked. A man can't have too many tanker jackets. Just ask Thomas.

CBI

I have owned both wool and fleece versions of ATF's Tanker. I much prefer the fleece, its more versatile and comfortable. It would be my choice as a jacket to WEAR. The wool is excellent as well. I am currently Tankerless, we will see how long that lasts. I think I am down to a medium size now.

Brettafett

Gary, looking forward to your fit pics... I will also be watching the Bronson and BD releases later this year (if any). They are very well priced, so who knows...
Perhaps I'll make a 9th AF version and an 8th AF version. I have tons of pics of guys from 354th and 357th FGs wearing Tankers...

ausreenactor

$59.99Processing
$5.99Processing
$12.99Processing
$0.58Processing
  • 1 of : PX Garrison Cap [PX Garrison Cap Size & Piping:Size 7 1/4 Custom Piping][Garrison Cap Piping Color:Warrant Officer (Silver/ Black )]
$39.98Processing
$1.98Processing
$4.99Processing
$12.99Processing
View Order

ausreenactor

Would have been cheaper buying a Buzz Rickson off Yahoo. USD$77 Fedex shipping. Order total of AUD$344!! Would have totalled under AUD$200 six years ago... Anyhoo.... Will have a Tanker to patch with a Tank Destroyer shoulder insignia.....

B-Man2

Man!! You guys get hammered with import fees... at those rates I’d have to think twice about ordering anything from the US.

ausreenactor

Tank Destroyer patch fixed. Still thinking about T-4 (Driver) chevrons... will give it a week. Scored an original khaki TD garrison cap here in Australia for a song. Grew up as a Tigers fan. Can't believe I didn't go crazy on TD stuff earlier...

20200613_122029.jpg

ausreenactor

just want to share some more pics of my 1st model tanker repop from china

I gave her a few washes - removed the ranks and got the markings of a tank-hunter unit done by a friend

manufacturer should be "BOB DONG" but not 100% sure coz the lable is missing

will use her for motorbiking and reenactment

aPkv4IW.jpg

GdYMM4U.jpg

89KKgNb.jpg

eMCGDBx.jpg

tanker helmet as well as shoulder holster are originals outta my collection

Found Thomas' tanker post from a while back.. Love the M10 on the back...