• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker jacket ww2 imp

kowalski

txs for info Brettafett and question ; which company made a jacket for the movie FURY .? ww2 imp ? or SM? Both companies speak the same ...
maybe two companies were suppliers ..?

Last edited:

Brettafett

Well, I do not know for sure, but from other movies, it seems a few companies make jackets for a movie. Sometimes its a production company that make up the jackets from scratch ONLY for the movie (and no repro makers are involved).
If any repro makers did supply jackets for a movie, sometimes, they get screen time, sometimes they are worn by background extras, sometimes not used at all, but they ALL claim they made the jackets for the movie.
I know what you are trying to find, but its very difficult in this case unless either you contact someone from the production company or wardrobe dept... Or you get a categorical answer from either SMW or WW2 imp that their jacket was worn by Brad Pitt (even then they would also be more than one jacket, all the same). If they can't answer this simple question, then you have your answer.
If you are persistent that you want the SAME jacket that was used in the movie, then I would say continue to email the companies in question.
If you want a tanker jacket, because you like it, then get the best most comfortable one you can afford and patch it up yourself. It will still look great!

kowalski

Well, I do not know for sure, but from other movies, it seems a few companies make jackets for a movie. Sometimes its a production company that make up the jackets from scratch ONLY for the movie (and no repro makers are involved).
If any repro makers did supply jackets for a movie, sometimes, they get screen time, sometimes they are worn by background extras, sometimes not used at all, but they ALL claim they made the jackets for the movie.
I know what you are trying to find, but its very difficult in this case unless either you contact someone from the production company or wardrobe dept... Or you get a categorical answer from either SMW or WW2 imp that their jacket was worn by Brad Pitt (even then they would also be more than one jacket, all the same). If they can't answer this simple question, then you have your answer.
If you are persistent that you want the SAME jacket that was used in the movie, then I would say continue to email the companies in question.
If you want a tanker jacket, because you like it, then get the best most comfortable one you can afford and patch it up yourself. It will still look great!
+ 1 ;) Yours answer is it's very helpful

OMG:p:confused:
more and more doubts ; one thing is for sure . the jacket is to be made in USA , no china Tajwan Japan , HongKong ect ....

Last edited:

Brettafett

I have not looked into this before, but had a quick look-see. Seems SMW did the jackets for Brad Pitt's character... They will even supply a certificate. Seems they, SMW, and a costume designer worked on it. I would assume then, that the other companies claiming to supply jackets for the film, may have done so, but were used for other characters, stunt-doubles, action and background extras, crew etc...
If you want BP's jacket, I'd get in touch with SMW. Not always easy to get a response from them, you may be lucky. Let us know how you get on.

ties70

I do not know what you mean but it is not very pleasant what you write
you know the answer, ; you write
you no know answer,; no write...it's easy
I try to be patient and kind as I can ...

Yeah, you might be right...my post was "not very pleasant", kind of funny, though, maybe even intelligent. But definitely wasted here...

I should have kept my mouth shut or be a professional like Brettafett...or the other members, who have offered you more (and IMHO better) options.
Doesn't seem as if their effort was being appreciated, though.

But hey, if I had mistaken your english language skills for rudeness, than that was maybe my fault.

Ties

EmergencyIan

I’m not excusing him, but it seems as there is a bit of a language barrier.

He understands some English and can not gen read and write some of it. But; when the conversation gets in depth, understanding gets “fuzzy.”

I’ve experienced this many times, in person, in NYC. Things can be going well, but when the non-native English speaker starts saying “yes” a lot, I know I’ve lost them.

- Ian

kowalski

hI All
i want to buy SM wholesale tanker ( 2nd pat ) I have 178 cm high , 76-77 kg waight and 106 cm chest
I have question ; best for my size 40 or 42 ? I read , they are in right in sizes. Who have other jackets in size 44 , it buy SMW size 42 .
Thanks for help
regards

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Email SM Wholesale direcy with your query. Not many here have SM Wholesale items when compared to BR, GW or ELC stuff.

Brettafett

Email SM Wholesale direcy with your query. Not many here have SM Wholesale items when compared to BR, GW or ELC stuff.
Agree. Go straight to the source.

If having trouble with communicating with them, buy both. Not as ridiculous as it sounds. Because, this way, you can try both and will be able to know for sure which one fits best. Yes, you will have to pay return postage, but you will get refunded for the returned jacket, plus... these jackets are not super expensive and you will save in the long run, knowing you got the best fit, first time. Also, you won't have nightmares wondering IF.....

I have done this with my last two AVI jackets and its been a Godsend! Normally with A-2s I go 40, with AVI the 42 fit better. And with the G-1, I went with the 40... after trying both a 40 and 42! Being able to compare two sizes side by side, has been fantastic. Nothing beats being able to try a jacket on (doesn't work with top-tier bespoke jackets obviously).

Not that it helps, but I had a SMW A-2 a few years back, which I got in my normal size, but it was a bit roomy on me. Moved it on.

Good luck.

kowalski

I know that other companies are good too /exact ( BR, RMcC , GW.. WW2Imp .... )
I read a lot on other forums and ATF tanker in wool fleece has a lot of very good opinions and this jacket tempts me so . ( I was captivated by the company's history ATF) .I know he has some litle details wrong vs oryginal Tanker ww2 ,but I can omit it. I did notice on their website that they now use a 70/30 blend of wool /poly I can buy ATF tanker which has a lining 80 /20 (new model made in 2008 y ) if it has some importance in quality

by the way ; I know ,that price SMW tanker before the movie Fury it was much smaller( 30-40%) ...

I would not like to extra pay for something that nobody will notice or guess anyway ( in my surroundings)

I'm at a crossroads, I hesitate:mad:

Last edited:

kowalski

I ordered one of ATF's new , old stock ; wool (80 % wool 20% poly) lined tanker jackets. Now have 70% - 30%.
I ordered it because tanker from ww2 impression sold out now
ATF has very good reviews here and in other forums (and good price ) I do not want to pay extra $$$ for a few small details which are in the direction of originality( so-called historical correctness) which atf tanker does not have

imho I think the price range for such a jacket it 180 -230 $ max , even the correct one historically;)

kowalski

Tanker jacket is here :) pics with sweater and without .Good that it is loose, I can put something underneath without a problem. Lining 80/20 . there is a very thick and warm dark green color

Attachments

• P1120551.JPG
    P1120551.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 346
  • P1120554.JPG
    P1120554.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 329
  • P1120556.JPG
    P1120556.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 441
  • P1120557.JPG
    P1120557.JPG