• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker jacket liner material?

zoomer

How heavy is it? How obtainable is it?

Thinking of doing an all-season variation on the Navy 37J1 (built like a tanker, but with pleat/flap pockets and a one-piece back).

The built-in liner would be cotton. The woolen one would button in and incorporate sleeves.

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

It seems lighter than the army wool blanket. Anyhow, I think contacting Juan at WWII Impressions could be quite helpful. His product is made here in the states. So, he should know how/where to source it or even has some extra. He could certainly give you more specifics.

- Ian

zoomer

Great, i’ll do that, thanks. I also have a cheap eBay tanker coming that measures about what mine does, so that liner may be adaptable.

EmergencyIan

You’re welcome. I just figure Juan is the best to contact since he has all of his clothing is made domestically with domestic materials. So, the wool liner material should be much more accessible if it’s possible to access.

- Ian