Talon zipper for Eastman A2?

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Dover, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Dover

Dover Member

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l64.jpg s-l1600.jpg Recently saw an Eastman A2 for sale that looked quite nice. Then I noticed the zipper looks to be a brass Talon.
    Still new to this but when I checked Eastman's site I saw a Crown zipper. Is this a replacement or did Eastman use a brass Talon zipper at one time? Also posting a pic of the label to try to and date this jacket. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

Yes they did use 'Talon. zips.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

IMHO its an older ELC A-2 and in that time they used these brass Talon zippers . Saw it onto two other Fleabay adds as well.

4. Dover

Dover Member

OK question answered. Thanks for your help!

5. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Eastman have used original and repro nickel Talons on their A-2s and currently they use repro Talons and repro Crown zips. As has been said this is an older jacket with a repro brass Talon zip and dates to the late 1980s/early 90s.

6. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Back in the day Gary used original Talon's in some of his original maker A-2's.

7. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Having a NOS Talon zip on an ELC original maker A-2 was a nice feature IMO.

8. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

That was just a couple of years ago.......

9. mrchina

mrchina Member

I still have an elc house a-2 from about ~1992 with the same "contract" number as the one pictured above that came with a brass talon zip. At some point I had the lining, cuffs, waistband replaced and added a dull nickel talon zip. All repairs made by elc.
    Regards,
    Don

10. M3Cavalry

M3Cavalry Member

I have a 2015 ELC Star Sportswear with a Talon-branded zipper. No idea if it is NOS or not; I suspect not. It's a superb zipper and functions without issue after much wear. I also had ordered and subsequently returned an ELC Werber with a zipper so bad it was essentially non-functional; I barely was able to get the jacket off after trying it on, once.

11. Art

Art Active Member

W
    do u remember what type of zip it had that didn't work ..Nice one Art