• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talking about stencils...

Harry-Dickson

Checking & testing

15896e012349.jpg

Preparing

14306338d1a2.jpg

Result

e6f1390f0fd3.jpg

4466de3968a3.jpg
Hi Dimitry, very nice work you’ve done there! As a newbie, I would like to try some stencil works too, on US Army Air Forces jackets.
Could you tell me which type of font did you use? What size? And where did you find it?
Downloaded from Internet? Do you have a accurate source?
Many thanks in advance for your help!

Harry-Dickson

Here’s a t-shirt I just finished. First try with fabric paint instead of stencil ink, a bit shabby on some places, but I’m happy overall.

What do you guys think?

436bf7b80233f53621758ff08246e2af.jpg

By the way, what you see under the stencils is some cardboard I used so the paint won’t go through.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Beautiful, any hints of where to find some accurate designs for stencils on Internet? Thx

Flightengineer

Hi Dimitry, very nice work you’ve done there! As a newbie, I would like to try some stencil works too, on US Army Air Forces jackets.
Could you tell me which type of font did you use? What size? And where did you find it?
Downloaded from Internet? Do you have a accurate source?
Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Where are you from? As it has been written many times in this thread, the font is Marsh. Available on the net, it was 2 years ago, don't remember exactly where I got it. The size corresponded to the reprodused original and may be selected individually.

Harry-Dickson

Hi and welcome to the forum. Where are you from? As it has been written many times in this thread, the font is Marsh. Available on the net, it was 2 years ago, don't remember exactly where I got it. The size corresponded to the reprodused original and may be selected individually.
Hi, I'm from Belgium. thanks for your reply! What size are the letters you used on that B15?

Francis

Gio80

Yes, you can find the MARSH font on web to download. I do not remember where I downloaded it, may be from Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/29364699/MARSH-STENCIL-Free-Font
or just write on google MARSH free font download, and you'll get it.

The standard size of letters from WWII era MARSH cutting machines are: 1"- 3/4" - 1/2" - 1/4" if I am not wrong.

I did stencil with Adobe Illustrator and printed on 200g pepar as Cocker adviced.
If you want genuine ones, you can find on web (ebay, military store ecc...) who make custom stencil with MARSH machines.

Harry-Dickson

Yes, you can find the MARSH font on web to download. I do not remember where I downloaded it, may be from Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/29364699/MARSH-STENCIL-Free-Font
or just write on google MARSH free font download, and you'll get it.

The standard size of letters from WWII era MARSH cutting machines are: 1"- 3/4" - 1/2" - 1/4" if I am not wrong.

I did stencil with Adobe Illustrator and printed on 200g pepar as Cocker adviced.
If you want genuine ones, you can find on web (ebay, military store ecc...) who make custom stencil with MARSH machines.
Thank you very much for your help!