• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking the P*ss or what?

Bombing IP

Every thing is getting away from us in terms of cost ,the only constant is the pay we get . Also being told inflation % is at what ever they tell us .

BIP

Carl

Diabolical ! And obviously aimed at the "chequebookwithnoidea" collector ;)

robrinay

Wow a waterproof cork ball - and its nickel plated, that may explain the price? I’m not sure it’s a good idea to put nickel in your mouth though - isn’t it allergenic?
I hope they’ve checked out the health and safety angles and the risk of being sued.

Last edited:

Micawber

Lol, makes me laugh. Go to any decent shooting shop or gundog equipment supplier like Turner Richards and they will flog you a genuine Acme Thundered for a fiver or so. Oh sorry, they haven't been engraved with a fake logo have they :rolleyes:

http://www.turnerrichards.co.uk/acme-thunderer-whistles/

Also, if nickel plated whistles were that dangerous the UK countryside would be littered with a mass dead gundog handlers, picker - ups, beaters and sportsmen as they have been used for that purpose for decades including by me too. There's nothing like a Thunderer to get the attention of a hot Springer Spaniel who has gone off on one working up a hedgerow or game cover].

B-Man2

Definitely a spirited lot we have here ( how’s that Steve?);)
Hey seriously ... I’m with you guys. That’s a crazy price. I’m mean how much more could an original cost??

Ken at Aero Leather

Aero's are made by the original British maker and retail at £20, we are happy with our profit at that price
I seriously doubt the USN had their's made in Japan during WW2

The price is a reflection of the general p*ss take some firms are trying on these days,either by over pricing X5 or using 3rd World production and skirting around the true source

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Seriously?

Seems the phrase: one more dummy awakes every day ... (rough Translation of a german saying: Jeden Tag steht ein Dummer auf ...)

Wasn't it TRMC or BR also selling those "Paratropper crickets" for a fortune during the time of the "Band of Brothers" Hype?

Obscurator

Lol, makes me laugh. Go to any decent shooting shop or gundog equipment supplier like Turner Richards and they will flog you a genuine Acme Thundered for a fiver or so. Oh sorry, they haven't been engraved with a fake logo have they :rolleyes:

http://www.turnerrichards.co.uk/acme-thunderer-whistles/

Also, if nickel plated whistles were that dangerous the UK countryside would be littered with a mass dead gundog handlers, picker - ups, beaters and sportsmen as they have been used for that purpose for decades including by me too. There's nothing like a Thunderer to get the attention of a hot Springer Spaniel who has gone off on one working up a hedgerow or game cover].

Acme sell their products on their website as well.

Southoftheborder

And they sell WD replicas with the arrow marking in nickel as well as brass. They sell WWI replicas too. I bought a Thunderer from their website a few weeks ago and they seemed to be cheaper than anywhere else.

colekwok

Sorry for my language..... but FFS! 80quids for a replica while original sells for a fraction of the price?

Ah well, you only need a few people to fall into these 'traps' in order to make profit. Most people do not price compare the things that they buy anyway.