• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supporter Subscription Thread.

Willy McCoy

I've noticed that things are rolling along with a momentum almost at the same pace of the old forum. New characters, information, and espirit de corp being assembled at a good clip. I would like to take a moment to thank the moderators for a fine job and welcome the new members. For me, the losing of the old forums data and the starting of the new forums ongoing re-start "feels" a lot like a setback. To help insure that this new VLJ remains operational for a long, long time, might I suggest that we make it possible for a regular member(s) to contribute more than information towards the forums health and longevity? Maybe to entice a regular member towards being a subscribed member we could have a subscribers thread complete with girly pics and foul language. What would the monies go towards? I'm glad you've asked. How about a webmasters service for removing bugs (or whatever they do) and making sure the VLJ remains healthy. Or maybe a powerful server. I wouldn't mind if this idea is poo-poo'd but all I ask is this query is given a fair hearing. Thank you for being another member and your time. Kevin. P.S. I miss Skeeters outlook and Brooks' viewpoints.

bfrench

Administrator
Atticus said:
Nekked girl pictures and foul language---count me in! Where do send my check?

AF

Brother Bill's Fleece the Flock Foundation is always open to receiving financial donations and you can be sure Brother Bill will put the donations to good work such as saving GW jackets from damnation and local airplanes from having empty fuel tanks.

Maybe even a road trip to have a laying on of hands to members wallets to keep them on the path of rightousness - Brother Bill has always found that a penniless man is less likely to sin - give me an Amen, Brother.

Brother Bill

hacker

bfrench said:
Atticus said:

AF

Brother Bill's Fleece the Flock Foundation is always open to receiving financial donations and you can be sure Brother Bill will put the donations to good work such as saving GW jackets from damnation and local airplanes from having empty fuel tanks.

Maybe even a road trip to have a laying on of hands to members wallets to keep them on the path of rightousness - Brother Bill has always found that a penniless man is less likely to sin - give me an Amen, Brother.

Brother Bill

You sure that ain't Congressmen Bill?

Vcruiser

hacker said:
bfrench said:
Atticus said:

AF

Brother Bill

B.F. Bill French....B.F. Barney Frank

bfrench

Administrator
Willy McCoy said:
Stop me before I sin again. I am glad that we're confident that there will be no crashes anyways.

Hi, Willy,

To give a reasonable answer to your very reasonable question - this server company that Chris now uses is much more reliable than the last one.

Plus they're core business is forums such as this one and many more huge forums - so they're very receptive to backups and upgrades where the other place you were basically on your own.

Bill French

bfrench

Administrator
Vcruiser said:
hacker said:
bfrench said:

Brother Bill

B.F. Bill French....B.F. Barney Frank

Yes Brother Bill could fill that role easily except as a heterosexual but he would definitely be a welcome asset to the Financial Services Committee - there would never be any more worries about running a surplus.

Brother Bill

Willy McCoy

Thank you for an informative and comforting answer. I felt the first string of posts was humorous, it reminded me of a little boy whistlin' in the dark. We are a quite different lot. Normal people wouldn't understand us. Go ask the schmoe sitting next to you what they collect. NOTHING! Maybe some silly, worthless, abstract pieces of paper called "stock". And then we have a whole forum dedicated to the peculiar jackets that we study and cherish. If we had all the information that we lost from the old forums we could very well have the largest information bank on the subject in the world. Well I'm going to google earth and see if I can locate Mr. Fossetts last known position and compare it to the wreckage site.