• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunglasses to wear with your flight jacket...

MikeyB-17

We’ve had watches and boots, now how about sunglasses, especially with the current fine weather in the UK?
8E80EC6D-0320-4A13-8EA8-B3C6C35B8CDE.jpeg

My favourites by far, Ray-ban Signets-US made Bausch and Lomb, none of your Italian jobs.
10CC2007-5E7D-4C09-94F7-10A7F849A472.jpeg

Had these for years, also US made octagonal lenses. Very light and comfortable.
96B5A61F-BF74-442B-BA26-C7DDF135171C.jpeg

Oakley Tightropes, loved ‘em when I bought them, but prefer more classic styles these days.

Technonut2112

More often than not with flight jackets, Ray-Ban Shooters. I also have another pair with wrap-around ear pieces. Sometimes though, I wear the Gargoyles also pictured... quite good eye-protection, and relatively inexpensive.

DSCF0518.jpg

Carl

Ray Ban Clubmasters and Ray Ban Sportsmasters both vintage frames :cool: , just need my prescription lenses put in the Sportsmasters :)

Greg Gale

Standard Ray Ban Aviators. I would love the Outdoorsman which are aviators with special wrap-around temples that hold them in place, plus sweatbrows, BUT they're not available with polarized lenses, and that's a no-go for me. When flying in my Aviators, I'm always the first to spot distant planes, and the polarized lenses make it possible to see "future clouds", that is, thermals that haven't formed clouds yet, just some haze that would be invisible with normal sunglasses.

Steve27752

Standard Ray Ban Aviators. I would love the Outdoorsman which are aviators with special wrap-around temples that hold them in place, plus sweatbrows, BUT they're not available with polarized lenses, and that's a no-go for me. When flying in my Aviators, I'm always the first to spot distant planes, and the polarized lenses make it possible to see "future clouds", that is, thermals that haven't formed clouds yet, just some haze that would be invisible with normal sunglasses.
Do the polarised lenses not make it difficult to read digital instruments?

Greg Gale

Do the polarised lenses not make it difficult to read digital instruments?

There are no digital instruments in a P-51 Mustang! :D

Joke aside, the planes I fly are so old there are hardly any..perhaps the radio. But the advantages of polarized lenses make up for the disadvantages

MikeyB-17

Forgot I have a pair of chrome Randolphs which I kept pristine for years until I managed to tread on them. Still going but a bit bent and scratched-I use them for work. I also have a pair of black American Optics of a similar design which cost £2.99 in a charity shop. My wife pinched them so I never get to wear them.

Carl

Forgot I have a pair of chrome Randolphs which I kept pristine for years until I managed to tread on them. Still going but a bit bent and scratched-I use them for work. I also have a pair of black American Optics of a similar design which cost £2.99 in a charity shop. My wife pinched them so I never get to wear them.
:D damm women !!! :D