• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer Sale at Bronson

Saint-ex

I'm trying to buy made in France, or made in europe etc... Because, I thing local production is better for the community and environment.

But what is funny (actually pretty sad) it's that people are focused on the brand, as if that guarantees something.
The big brands of clothing are flooding the market with shit made at low cost (probably by slaves, this is what we are learning in recent days) in China and sell them at a high price because there is the brand logo.

Honestly, if I take the example of what I know in France, why small brands manufacture in France with ethically sourced materials manage to produce better quality t-shirts than Lacoste which manufactures in China with savings of scales they don't have.

I wouldn't cry for Patagonia, Barbour or Belstaff.
Backfire.

Now who in the US or Europe is trying to do what Bronson or Bob Dong is doing. Offer affordable and relatively faithful repros.
There are few and less accurate as everybody prefer Bronson than Pike Brothers B-10 per example.

Eason

Most of those companies in the west have already outsourced their production to countries like China anyway. You’re not taking a meal away from American or British workers by buying a knock-off Patagonia jacket. If you want to buy locally-made products, that’s great, but there are better uses of our time than getting indignant on behalf of conglomerates that just happen to have been founded in western countries.
I agree with you. Who isn't copying the original?

Eason

Stalin said, „Capitalism will sell us the rope with which we hang them...“
There is a Chinese saying nowadays... „We will sell them the rope we hang them“..
Me... I dont support an economy from a nation which is largely responsible for the things happening to the world right now and who is still not willing to change much.... Plus this same nation is surely well known to be a „ very guided democracy, very ethical and very respectful“... to say it mildly...
As much as possible ( I know not alway possible... but for my pleasure and fun items ...it is surely possible) ... no more buys if made in a dictatorship nation.... thats just about me... but everyone else is free to think about it and to buy what he wants!.
Back to jackets, trousers and other fun!
I think you have too many prejudices.

Cocker

Received my USMC HBT "monkey" shorts, love them! The size chart on the website is not too reliable, though, and I might have gone for my regular size instead of ordering wider based on the table.

London Cabbie

I'm trying to buy made in France, or made in europe etc... Because, I thing local production is better for the community and environment.

But what is funny (actually pretty sad) it's that people are focused on the brand, as if that guarantees something.
The big brands of clothing are flooding the market with shit made at low cost (probably by slaves, this is what we are learning in recent days) in China and sell them at a high price because there is the brand logo.

Honestly, if I take the example of what I know in France, why small brands manufacture in France with ethically sourced materials manage to produce better quality t-shirts than Lacoste which manufactures in China with savings of scales they don't have.

I wouldn't cry for Patagonia, Barbour or Belstaff.
Backfire.

Now who in the US or Europe is trying to do what Bronson or Bob Dong is doing. Offer affordable and relatively faithful repros.
There are few and less accurate as everybody prefer Bronson than Pike Brothers B-10 per example.
I have discovered along the way, it is a little ‘hit or miss’ & you do generally tend to get what you pay for, but not always...IMO

London Cabbie

Bought a few things from mid range & lower tiers and will continue to do so, however it’s a bit hit and miss. The few top tier items I have fit perfect and ‘feel good’ anytime, every time I wear them. Reproduction of classic items is not a problem for me...
That wasn’t specifically an response to your post, just my opinion on the topic ;)

Brettafett

Well, I'm up for another B-10 again... I was quite impressed with their version (should not have passed it on). This for a patch/ paint project.
Possibly a B-15A, but I find this pattern to be too short on me usually.

No way I'm paying the Real McCoys or BR prices they're asking forth their B-10 version. My ELC B-10 is the bomb, but again, not paying oodles of cash for another to 'play' and experiment with.
(anyone have an ELC B-10 42 F/S??? ;) )

Interested to see see what Bronson's G-1 turns out like. Almost certain it'll be too short for me.

Smithy

For the good of the sales page and obviously the forum in general seems like a few guys around here need to hit the weight room and start scoffing a few pies :D

London Cabbie

Just wathching ‘Who Dares Wins’ the one with Bodey. Is that an A2...?
822211A9-0F14-4F92-8A98-EB26066E79D1.jpeg
4E346E9B-2D94-4C85-8DF3-A4F5CA796A48.jpeg