• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer Sale at Bronson

mulceber

1F277A14-26E7-4D52-BE77-D025D2C1D1E2.jpeg

Posted on their Instagram a little while ago. If any of you have had something from them you’ve been eyeing, a good opportunity is coming up.

Brettafett

Did anyone buy their US Army 1942 Model Chino Trousers? How did the sizing go?
Im a 31-32" waist, wear 32/32 jeans...

917_k

They’ll have another one later in the year?

They make some decent enough looking stuff, but after posting a total rip-off of a Belstaff jacket on their Instagram page, I’m going to give them a miss.

Edit: just seen they are still ripping off Patagonia as well, so yeah, they can do one.

Eason

They’ll have another one later in the year?

They make some decent enough looking stuff, but after posting a total rip-off of a Belstaff jacket on their Instagram page, I’m going to give them a miss.

Edit: just seen they are still ripping off Patagonia as well, so yeah, they can do one.
Which one?

917_k

Which one?

They removed the Belstaff knock-off from their Instagram, presumably after I tagged Belstaff on the post. Whether it’s available anywhere I don’t know. The Patagonia rip-off doesn’t appear on their official site but is available on EBay. Its a complete copy, even down to Bronson copying the style of logo, albeit with the Bronson name:

1AA94D6B-3E51-4E10-B471-8BFA5BF263AD.jpeg

Obviously we all like a bargain and they’re knocking out the jackets people love at a fraction of the cost of BR, RM & Eastman, but knocking off actual brands like Patagonia isn’t cool.

mulceber

Respectfully, 917, I don’t much care if they’re making knock offs of existing brands. With the exception of a couple people here who wear only vintage, all of us are wearing knock offs of originals, and at least one of the companies that made those originals still exists (Spiewak and, through them, United Sheeplined and Bronco as well).

I also don’t see what distinction there is between copying Eastman and making knock offs of Belstaff - the latter is certainly bigger (Belstaff’s parent company has a net worth of $85B), but if the wealth of the company matters, then it should be worse to copy a smaller company, since they’re more likely to feel the hit. Pretty sure Belstaff is going to be just fine.

I’ll happily put my money toward Bronson.

917_k

Your money so you’re free to spend it as you wish. But don’t try to justify a Chinese company ripping off other brands. Producing an A2 or M-65 parka is one thing, totally ripping off the design of a private company is quite another as far as I’m concerned. However you want to frame it, the actions of Chinese companies who don’t give a damn about copyright laws cause a huge amount of harm to businesses in the West. Frankly it’s a shame people are willing to turn a blind eye to such behaviour in the pursuit of buying cheap stuff.

mulceber

Most of those companies in the west have already outsourced their production to countries like China anyway. You’re not taking a meal away from American or British workers by buying a knock-off Patagonia jacket. If you want to buy locally-made products, that’s great, but there are better uses of our time than getting indignant on behalf of conglomerates that just happen to have been founded in western countries.

Last edited:

917_k

Okay im going to spell this out one final time:

Irrespective of where something is made or how big the company isthe disregard of copyright laws and the ripping off of other brands products isn’t good, period.

(Where brands produce their clothing is a whole other argument).

I’ll leave it there and stop hi-jacking this thread.

Greg Gale

I've recently heard a saying: "If it's not made in China, it's a knock-off" :D

BTW I agree that totally knocking off an existing brand is not cool, I would not buy something like that (Adios, NIKF, etc...) but I'm grateful we have Bronson, offering good quality repros at affordable prices. I could never justify spending 700 GBP on an ELC B-10 (or 1100 GBP on one of their A-2s for that matter)

Everyone wants to make a living, everyone makes their own business decisions, just like all of us make decisions as buyers. We may disagree about our choices but that's OK. This is the essence of capitalism isn't it?

Pilot

Stalin said, „Capitalism will sell us the rope with which we hang them...“
There is a Chinese saying nowadays... „We will sell them the rope we hang them“..
Me... I dont support an economy from a nation which is largely responsible for the things happening to the world right now and who is still not willing to change much.... Plus this same nation is surely well known to be a „ very guided democracy, very ethical and very respectful“... to say it mildly...
As much as possible ( I know not alway possible... but for my pleasure and fun items ...it is surely possible) ... no more buys if made in a dictatorship nation.... thats just about me... but everyone else is free to think about it and to buy what he wants!.
Back to jackets, trousers and other fun!

Last edited:

London Cabbie

Okay im going to spell this out one final time:

Irrespective of where something is made or how big the company isthe disregard of copyright laws and the ripping off of other brands products isn’t good, period.

(Where brands produce their clothing is a whole other argument).

I’ll leave it there and stop hi-jacking this thread.

Are there any other items you’re upset about, just in case they are on my wishlist...?