• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stunning patches by Miroslav on FB...

pathdoc2

What is the plan for it? Keeping it as a patch or adorning a jacket?
It's not on a horsehide A-2, I'm making a copy of the jacket it was originally on. Here are two patch just before being sewn in place.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.18.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.18.33 PM.png
    593.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

JosephDaniel

I think he does excellent work as well. I still haven't gotten around to having these he made for me (purchased on eBay) stitched on to my Japanese-made Morgan Productions 'Morgan Memphis Belle' HH A-2 for a tribute jacket:

View attachment 20961

Here's another showing better detail of Bugs:

View attachment 20962

EDIT:

View attachment 20972

( I'm not certain if Ashby made one as detailed, but I like Miroslav's rendition of the blue rabbit much better for my tribute jacket. I would like to imagine that Miroslav based his detailing on an actual period example)

EDIT: Perhaps the reason for the color is that the rabbit is wearing his blue bunny suit.... ;)

Technonut2112,

Just to clear something up, this is not "Miroslav's" rendition, it is mine. He copied it.

Also, mine is heavily based on a well know and documented original.

Regards,

Joseph

FB_IMG_1575417372911.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-183008.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Technonut2112,

Just to clear something up, this is not "Miroslav's" rendition, it is mine. He copied it.

Also, mine is heavily based on a well know and documented original.

Regards,

Joseph

View attachment 27926View attachment 27927

I have since seen the original version of artwork which my patch is based upon. I was happy to find that it is based upon a period example.. At the end of the day, ANY rendition of the original is a copy, and one may use that example as a copy for their rendition, etc... If not an exact duplicate, there's only so much variation one can take when attempting to retain the 'spirit' of the original artist's design / work IMO...

JosephDaniel

I have since seen the original version of artwork which my patch is based upon.

Technonut2112,

Your patch was based on my version of the original patch. Understand the difference?

Also, when someone is effectively tracing artwork with a computer program I would hardly call it "their rendition".

You would probably feel differently if you were a professional artist with years of training and countless hours of hard work perfecting your craft.

Regards,

Joseph

Technonut2112

Oh please, know you own the patch and need to justify you purchase, but this Paterson bloke took an original design and made it his own variation. I was copied, that's the bottom line.

It's a nice patch based upon a period original. I like it, and frankly don't care who made it, or where it came from. I'm placing it on an inexpensive A-2 for a tribute jacket. From other posts I see of yours here, you appear to be a troll bent upon stirring up trouble. You will get no further attention from me..

Technonut2112

Technonut2112,

Your patch was based on my version of the original patch. Understand the difference?

Also, when someone is effectively tracing artwork with a computer program I would hardly call it "their rendition".

You would probably feel differently if you were a professional artist with years of training and countless hours of hard work perfecting your craft.

Regards,

Joseph

Read above...... EDIT: I will add that you should be taking whatever issue you may have up with the person who is supposedly copying your work... Not a random customer who purchased a patch from eBay...

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Read above...... EDIT: I will add that you should be taking whatever issue you may have up with the person who is supposedly copying your work... Not a random customer who purchased a patch from eBay...

I am over the Patch World and eBay at the moment. They used to be two separate beasts. Now they are Siamese twins.

JosephDaniel

Technonut2112,

The issue is that you posted that your patch was "Miroslav's" rendition. The purpose of my reply was to educate you and the others reading this thread that it indeed was not his rendition but my version that he copied.

I'm not certain if Ashby made one as detailed, but I like Miroslav's rendition of the blue rabbit much better for my tribute jacket. I would like to imagine that Miroslav based his detailing on an actual period example

You seemed to not know, in your original post, where "Miroslav's" based his detailing. I posted my reply to answer that query.

I have visited VLJ for years enjoying the fantastic photos that people post here. But I have never seen the need to join or post anything. That is until I came across your post that showed a copy of my artwork that was wrongly identified as "Miroslav's" version. It is then that I decided to defend my intellectual property and inform you and other readers of this forum that it was indeed my version that "Miroslav" copied. And I also wanted to share the source of what I based my version on.

I am glad you like your patch and agree that Miroslav does an excellent job producing patches that look great and are available at a reasonable cost. Even if I find it suspect to how he obtains some of the "original examples" that he reproduces for his means.

Regards,

Joseph