• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stowa Flieger Original

siddhartha

Administrator
Hey guys,

Just had to share-was able to pick up one of Stowa's Flieger Original wristwatches the other day, had to give up two beautiful pieces to make it happen, but you do what you have to.

I would post pics, but I have none right now-if you google the name of the watch, you'll see pics. Very cool piece, IMHO.

In keeping with WWII, as Stowa was one of the 5 original suppliers of this type of watch to the Luftwaffe.

Chris

Chris,

Those are TOO cool. I really like the Stowas, and the limited Flieger Original hand wound is especially nice. I love Jorg's designs anyway and a repro of one of the "big five" supplied pilot watches is a great addition to the collection.

I've been wearing my Sub Date almost every day the last two months...very pleased with it. Seamaster Pro has been feeling lonely!

Best- Clyde

A

Anonymous

Looks cool, nice pilot watch. Close to a Laco. Been wearing GMT Master II, comes in handy traveling between time zones. That Stowa will look great with a flight jacket.

A

Anonymous

This is the best link I've found.

http://www.fokkens.de/html/stowa_fliege ... ieger.html

I have had a GMT I from new since 1981. It's my daily wearer. I change the watchstraps between a Laco leather, a 20mm NATO (grey or green) and the Submariner (I've gotten through three original Rolex bracelets over the years too) I have to say that although that I've worked all over the world I've never used the 24hr bezel for what it was designed for !! :eek:

J_H

siddhartha

Administrator
JACKET_ HEAD said:

I have had a GMT I from new since 1981. It's my daily wearer. I change the watchstraps between a Laco leather, a 20mm NATO (grey or green) and the Submariner (I've gotten through three original Rolex bracelets over the years too) I have to say that although that I've worked all over the world I've never used the 24hr bezel for what it was designed for !! :eek:

J_H

That's a nice review. I actually have one of the Airman Automatics no logo/date on order, which should be here any day. However, this FO handwound is a step above-check out Stowa's website, or the watchuseek.com forum (Stowa section) for some detailed pics.

Chris

A

Anonymous

JACKET_ HEAD said:

J_H
The GMT Master II is the way to go IMHO. The hour hand clicks to a new time zone without the min or sec hand moving at all. I keep my red arrow hand on GMT so I can figure out METAR reports. The Laco I wear is nice for flying also(piloting) since its easy to read.