• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop the planet I want to get off

colekwok

I guess the most frustrating thing is that, most of us were Gary's faithful at some points. ELC's pricing and quality seemed to be placed in a sweet spot some ten years ago. It's a bit like Toyota starting to sell their cars at Mercedes prices. Few people would complain about how unreasonable Real McCoy has been charging over the years right (even with the uneven pockets....)?

B-Man2

I think that the feelings of resentment most people here are expressing ( myself included ) are that in the years gone by, from around 2009 forward to 2016 , ELC would have an occasional price increase every couple of years to keep up with inflation and the costs of materials , labor and a modest profit margin. When that happened, no one complained or voiced negative opinions, because the increases were considered to be acceptable based on the economy and the costs of doing business .
However , for me and several others here, that all changed when around the 2017 to 2018 time frame , ELC implemented 3 price increases over a period of about 1 and 1/2 years . That was the beginning of significant price increases for all of their products that continues on to today . To many that seemed like a bit of price gouging and a smack in the face to the little guys who helped to elevate ELC to the global markets they now focus on . I’ve purchased at least 5 ELC A2s over the years , some from ELC and some from History Preservation Assoc . I will no longer purchase ELC jackets new, as the cost for me is over the top . Originals in nice condition are around the $1800 to $2000 price range and will hold their value as compared to a repro . Of course this is my personal opinion and originals are not for everyone . I understand the discussion of those on the other side who disagree with me. I’m simply saying that many feel like they’ve contributed to making ELC the company they are today and in response ELC has moved forward and left them behind , unable to afford their products , unless they are fortunate enough to pick up a previously owned second hand jacket . That’s where the resentment comes from . Just expressing the other side of the discussion .

ausreenactor

The jackets will always have an intrinsic value and the prices for the house or original maker A-2s only goes crazy when you factor in exchange rates.

Adding £1500 for the art is just ludicrous.