• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop the planet I want to get off

B-Man2

Nothing less than one could expect from ELC .
For less than this price you can find an unpainted original . I think I’d rather have an unpainted original than a painted repro . There’s a few guys here who have a couple of well worn 5 stars that would look pretty good once Vera finished with them . Just my opinion.

Smithy

Pardon my French but that's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

ELC pricing has been absurd for the last few years, now it's actually laughable.

Why on earth would you stump up so much for an A-2? Especially when you can get a jacket made by John which is made to measure and with his input and ideas during the process.

I'd rather give my money to the master than some over priced off the rack thing.

917_k

Pricing aside, it’s just a bit ‘meh’, like all modern painted jackets to be honest. Go get a second hand Eastman on eBay (you can’t give them away at the moment) and do without the fancy dress artwork.

(Nothing against the artists who paint jackets, just not for me)

Dany McDonald

Jees I must already be on another planet as I have a totally different impression.

I kind of of like the artwork rendition and technique as it seems it's going to age correctly with the jacket. I find it very well done and in phase with the original 40's style.

But I would expect a Kwik zip, it's a Cable Raincoat after all and Eastman has it!

I will not comment on the business side of it, it's way out of my league...

D

Last edited:

B-Man2

ELC wants HOW MUCH?
21D0BF6C-65A0-4B44-83DE-1F96B568DF88.gif

ausreenactor

Holy guacamole, do you think that Eastman will actually sell one at that price?
100% they will.

Obviously they are not sitting lined up on a rack. Will be a custom piece every time. I just need Grant to grow tired of his Hells Angels A-2...

His resilience and fortitude are highly commendable!