• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stencilling???? Piece of cake ...

Thomas Koehle

At least Ties makes it look like a Piece of cake:

no matter what idea you come up with - he finds a way to get it painted/stencilled on your jacket

i would never ever be able to do it but his works are simply awesome

a couple of months ago i asked him for some markings on my wifes coveralls which she uses for motorbiking

69WAdOm.jpg

JL3Ql1Q.jpg

P9VSngq.jpg

some weeks ago i asked him again for pimping one of my work-jackets and sent him a Sketch - kinda reminder of my years back in Mexico

a few days later he sent me These pics:

fGXq1ES.jpg

eEI9MQX.jpg

LfswOZF.jpg

so if you are in the mood to give your garment a bit more personality get in touch with him

KariJ

I also ordered a stencil from China. Made by order for my green Israeli Army "sack". Price was 1,5 euros including shipping. The next one laser cut MARSH -font is coming to Finland (for my A2). I have a hard rubber paint roll and a tube of artist black oil soluble paint. I guess some stencil marks can be done. Simple systems as in QM "office" :)

Attachments

• stencil.png
    stencil.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 233

Thomas Koehle

I also ordered a stencil from China. Made by order for my green Israeli Army "sack". Price was 1,5 euros including shipping. The next one laser cut MARSH -font is coming to Finland (for my A2). I have a hard rubber paint roll and a tube of artist black oil soluble paint. I guess some stencil marks can be done. Simple systems as in QM "office" :)

Yeah it needs to be a simple job - there ain’ any Rembrands working at QM

Bombing IP

OUTSTANDING ESPECIALLY thats its is fresh from his head and not copies of someone else's work ! .
Love it Ties .

Jeff

ties70

Yeah it needs to be a simple job - there ain’ any Rembrands working at QM

Damn right, they are all working in my basement, doing "stencilling supreme"...

Greetings from "self-esteem-Friday-in-Hamburg" :p

Ties

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Damn right, they are all working in my basement, doing "stencilling supreme"...

Greetings from "self-esteem-Friday-at-Hamburg" :p

Ties

Ties you got me wrong ...

For me you are doing art - I was referring to the reality at Quartermasters in the “real” army

ties70

Thomas,

I got you just fine.... some of the original stencils look like good old German "Kartoffeldruck", and I am glad that I don't have to do that. It might be a challenge, though, to screw up a stencilling to get the exact authenticity... Maybe I should try that?

If people were asking me for QM jobs I would answer "Just do it yourself, it's easy, it's fun and it's soo satisfying!"

The more elaborate work, like on the photos above, takes a lot more time and patience, but I would not consider it "art"....

My comment on "Rembrandt's in my basement" or even a suggestion of me being the "Rembrandt of Stencilling" was therefore just a joke.

Nevertheless, I take the compliment and I am truly happy that you like my work!!

Ties

PS: Are you back, yet, or sitting somewhere in transit?

Thomas Koehle

Ties,

i'm just back from Alabam and the first Thing i did was to ripp open the package you sent with the jacket inside ...

In "real" it Looks even better than on the pics!

Not only your stencilling but the patch also! WOW!

THX for such a cool Job ...

1drtllw.jpg

qdq7tO0.jpg

Last edited:

ties70

Great to hear that you like it!

I really like how the Bronson came out after you gave it a washing....was thinking about doing that with my own jacket... until I tried your jacket on....it must have shrunk a lot!

To keep yours from additional shrinking, I did not wash it again....the stencilling should be safe, though, as it is very thin and I ironed it to fix it.

Thomas Koehle

Great to hear that you like it!

I really like how the Bronson came out after you gave it a washing....was thinking about doing that with my own jacket... until I tried your jacket on....it must have shrunk a lot!

To keep yours from additional shrinking, I did not wash it again....the stencilling should be safe, though, as it is very thin and I ironed it to fix it.

The jacket you modified is one off the 2nd production run without the USN stencil and the leather tag

This production run is significant smaller than the other 37J1 i also own out of the initial batch

Means even unwashed the HORNET jacket was smaller than the 1st run jacket after washing