• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Sportswear A-2 - found at the Goodwill outlet bins

Pilot

Any idea on the markings on the pocket snaps (inside the pocket)?
Photos? Maybe posted already but did not see it.

Centaurus3200

You know anytime I think I should put a little bick 4 on the jacket, it becomes apparent that I'll risk screwing something up. Like the pigment dye would start flaking... And I'll lose my shit!

I think if I wore it on occasion, my body heat and natural flexing would make the leather give a little more... But I have enough respect for this jacket not to start wearing the thing more than a few times a year. So far, I have not worn it outside. Need to address darning the knits first.

Not period, but that's my dad's Garrison cap from the Korean war. truthfully, he never saw action and was stationed in Puerto Rico, but still more than I've ever done for our country.
20191113_194614.jpg

Centaurus3200

I noticed there's a tiny pin hole near the left collar tip (left as in you wearing it).

Wonder what the lapel pin was? Army airforce wings?

ZuZu

i can't believe anybody thinks this is a repro! You only find details like this:

on an original. I wish ANY repro maker would let out a jacket with this harmless yet charming "mistake"!

BTW- you find yourself in the classic conundrum of owning a beautiful original. I'm 66 and I' think I'd wear it- but having just gotten rid of a sueded old Dubow actually I'm being a hypocrite- it's just plain difficult to wear originals. Almost better you hadn't found out...

Centaurus3200

Yeah, I noticed that when I took the pic months ago. I was like "oopsy"! Haha!

i can't believe anybody thinks this is a repro! You only find details like this:

View attachment 27399

on an original. I wish ANY repro maker would let out a jacket with this harmless yet charming "mistake"!

BTW- you find yourself in the classic conundrum of owning a beautiful original. I'm 66 and I' think I'd wear it- but having just gotten rid of a sueded old Dubow actually I'm being a hypocrite- it's just plain difficult to wear originals. Almost better you hadn't found out...