• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Sportswear A-2 - found at the Goodwill outlet bins

B-Man2

For reference, here's two jackets that are more my size. The good thing is there's more room for interpretation with casual wear opposed to sport coats... Which either fit or they don't.

First pic is a Johnson leathers M-Jean. Second is what I think is a one off custom jacket for a long defunct San Francisco leather bar called the Ambush. Yeah, that kind of leather bar. Eh, it's just a leather jacket. I think it's horsehide, but not sure.

And no, I'm not a narcissist. This is all in the name of science. Haha!

View attachment 20910View attachment 20911
Just because we love to pose and see photos of ourselves dressed up in leather jackets and we post them on the Internet for the world to see..........:: doesn’t make us narcissistic.,,,,,
:rolleyes: (Does it??):oops:

B-Man2

Just because we love to pose and see photos of ourselves dressed up in leather jackets and we post them on the Internet for the world to see..........:: doesn’t make us narcissistic.,,,,,
:rolleyes: (Does it??):oops:
No but possibly a Kardashian:D
( I’m sorry but, I just had to answer my own question on that one! )

Centaurus3200

I don't know what it is... I've always been into clothes, but I've gone off the deep end these last few years.

It's a combination of joining the styleforum thrift thread because I wanted to see how to best update my way out of style 90s dress wardrobe... And I think at 45 years old, I wanna rock some badass shit to see if I can still garner attention from the 20 somethings. Not that I can do much about it (happily married for 15 years), but I have been flirted with by younger girls. Makes you feel pretty damn good. Lol!

So basically, midlife crisis and cheaper than a corvette. Haha!

No but possibly a Kardashian:D
( I’m sorry but, I just had to answer my own question on that one! )

Centaurus3200

I'm too cheap to hem the APC jeans. That's why the big cuff. Lol!

$9 at the thrifts. I'll get around to it. I usually do a 29" hem. I'm a 27" inseam with slacks. This allows me to wear uncuffed... Or cuffed to be a douchebag and show off the selvedge

The large cuff roll on the jeans has never been a 'thing' in Australia. For twenty years I have been puzzled by it. "Just buy a shorter pair of jeans"... ;)

Centaurus3200

I'm thinking these Alden 405 Indy have gotta be the mother of all A-2 appropriate shoes. One day, I'll find a pair at the thrifts. Hoping.

jeremiah

I have two pair of the 405s. They are terrific and even good to wear when doing heavy lifting as I have never had back issues since wearing them. The S heel is said to be orthopedic. Probably why Harrison Ford insisted on wearing them for filming when the Red Wing was the preferred choice.

Centaurus3200

Some more close up pics. one photo is with random wool flannel I might wear with the jacket on occasion. Again, I'm not gonna, wear it that much obviously, but it's begging to go to the USS Hornet at the Alameda Naval Base! Probably wouldn't be it's first time, if you know what I mean... It told me so. Bwahaha!

20190625_193754.jpg
20190625_193658.jpg
20190625_193635.jpg
20190625_193607.jpg
20190625_193550.jpg
20190625_193523.jpg
20190625_193449.jpg
20190625_193402.jpg
20190625_193325.jpg
20190625_193218.jpg

ausreenactor

I'm too cheap to hem the APC jeans. That's why the big cuff. Lol!

$9 at the thrifts. I'll get around to it. I usually do a 29" hem. I'm a 27" inseam with slacks. This allows me to wear uncuffed... Or cuffed to be a douchebag and show off the selvedge

'Cuffed' you say.. JC is sporting that look in the majority of the GW website pics... Will 'give it a miss' as we say in Australia.

You Sir; however, are rockin' it!

Edward

I don't know what it is... I've always been into clothes, but I've gone off the deep end these last few years.

It's a combination of joining the styleforum thrift thread because I wanted to see how to best update my way out of style 90s dress wardrobe... And I think at 45 years old, I wanna rock some badass shit to see if I can still garner attention from the 20 somethings. Not that I can do much about it (happily married for 15 years), but I have been flirted with by younger girls. Makes you feel pretty damn good. Lol!

So basically, midlife crisis and cheaper than a corvette. Haha!
If you aren’t already a member you should check out the fedora lounge https://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/

Centaurus3200

I wanted to post on the US militaria site
Wow, lots of hoops to jump through. They had to approve registration... Then you can only post 3 times. They need to review your first 3 posts. Then you can only upload one pic at a time and it can't be bigger than 278kb... And it wouldn't let me post a drive link.

If you aren’t already a member you should check out the fedora lounge https://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/

B-Man2

Is Roughwear on hiatus? I figured Andrew would have weighed in on this immediately.
Rough Wear has left the building!;)
( He’s stopped posting here, for reasons known to himself and I guess a couple of others here) That’s all I’ve got:oops: