• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stagg (Melbourne made) blue Victorian Police general duties jacket

CombatWombat

This is my latest jacket (fresh out of the post bag this morning)
It's a beautiful blue colour that has been through the wars by the amount of wear it's received and the "jerry rigged" replacement zipper lol.
It's got three useful sized pockets (unlike the NSW police jackets I've got which have false pocketflaps)
I've been after one for years but a bit hard to find on the fleaBay since it was retired over 10 years ago and rarely come up for sale
16527641663372061776871530521764.jpg
16527643609694065739775718312251.jpg
16527643809978425186323527590485.jpg
1652764408352642408314567762353.jpg
16527644247637041353055132445229.jpg
16527644847768740528006248604675.jpg

Pa12

My memory might be off but it reminded me of Mel’s jacket back when he was still an Aussie.

CombatWombat

My memory might be off but it reminded me of Mel’s jacket back when he was still an Aussie.
It wouldn't surprise me.... Stagg made a hell of a lot of high quality jackets back when Mad Max was filmed.... though this shade of blue was only a police colour (I think I've seen a eye watering shade of blue in a similar style of jacket but not sure if it was Stagg or Mars branded)
Unfortunately like a lot of companies,they have been manufacturing offshore for a number of years and the colour variety became limited

Pa12

Made me think of my best bud in high school. He moved here from Australia when he was 9. His parents were both British. So he had zero accent, his sister had a hint of an accent, his brother had full on Aussie accent and his parent’s had British accents.:p

CombatWombat

Made me think of my best bud in high school. He moved here from Australia when he was 9. His parents were both British. So he had zero accent, his sister had a hint of an accent, his brother had full on Aussie accent and his parent’s had British accents.:p
Well I'm half Polish and half Italian....which wasn't the most pleasant thing going through school in the 90's in Australia with a accent that wasn't "Straylian".....I still don't sound Australian even after 35 years but at least I never copped too much shit about my strange accent/how I pronounced words in the army lol

Pa12

Accents always interested me. My mum came here from England in her 20’s and never lost any of her accent to the day she died at 82. I’ve known others to be the opposite. I wonder if you have to work at keeping it or work at losing it?

CombatWombat

Accents always interested me. My mum came here from England in her 20’s and never lost any of her accent to the day she died at 82. I’ve known others to be the opposite. I wonder if you have to work at keeping it or work at losing it?
My father's (Italian)parents had strong accents till the day they died yet spoke perfect English....my mother's Mum sounded German with her accent yet her father was definitely Slavic sounding due to Poland's borders being incredibly fluid over the centuries... accents have fascinated me since I was a child as well.....I guess due to having two distinct yet vastly different cultures from with side of my family meant that I was never going to sound "normal" as a child since me and my sister grew up in a house where Polish, Italian and English was spoken

Pa12

Awesome. Love that. I was on a course in France in the 80’s and there were a couple guys from Montreal there. The French Canadian was so different from Paris French that the instructors and guys from Montreal had to try to communicate in English. :D