• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Squadron baseball cap

bebel

Here's my last find. Major Denisson's red leather flying cap from 26th BS (flew B-52). About 1960/1965 I guess.

Franck

baseballcapsac2.jpg

Phantomfixer

DiamondDave said:
Fellas,

Are we all in for the 39th FS? I had thought perhaps of doing a couple of different ones per year, or they can be made plain... what do you guys think?

DD

DD,

Personally, I would love an 86th. Just me just saying. A plain cap would work, then add the 86th???
Very cool
I was in from 83-05, the USAF still used baseball caps for squadron hats, ordered in bulk from hat vendors. The flyers generally didn't wear em unless they were on desk duty for awhile. . Aircraft Geration Sq was "AGS" on the hat, Supply was "SUP" etc for the different squadrons, not as enticing as the old ball caps.
Don't think the AF uses the baseball caps anymore though...

Monsoon

jzist said:
Don't think the AF uses the baseball caps anymore though...

Nope. AF uses the ABU patrol hat now. I think Red Horse and CATMS will use red ball caps, tho.

I never wore them. I wore my BDU patrol hat when I wore BDUs and my flight cap when I was flying. In the AOR, I wore my DCU boonie or the DCU Marine cover.

bebel

Hello,

Does anyone know this caps manufacturer? I cannot read the complete name. "PARIS SUN ???TER, ROY PAR???", DALLAS.

Note the morse codes on one face of the inner leather band (well used!).

Franck

divers004i.jpg

divers006.jpg

divers007.jpg

bebel

Thank you for these good informations. My red cap would be the S-2 "red devil" twill type, I guess.

Franck

oose

Hi all,
Just thought I'd add this shot of 7th FBS caps from 1955, interesting detail is the name's on the caps, this photo has it all Great Nylon, Caps, patches and zippo lighters!

All the best
stu