• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPITFIRE PRINT

Grant

Recently picked up this lovely original silver gelatin print. I think it really captures R. J. Mitchell's design in motion quite well.

Spit.png

stanier

That picture, whether by accident or design, is a stunning piece of photographic art, imho of course. As well as showing the plane to perfection it also captures a sublime sense of swooping motion. Enjoy Grant, hang it somewhere you get to see it a lot!

Grant

Thanks all and to Smithy for the info, really appreciate it. The print is fragile but sharp as a tack, so appears it was made from the original negative. I'll display it in my office with my other favorite print. I rescued this original Hopson print from the dumpster when a previous employer lost the US Postal account.

Hobson.jpg

renaya

Who's are some great pictures and they remind me of my grandpa who fought in the second world war. She had some pictures taken before he entered his plane and flying over Germany to bomb the Nazis. I was really shocked to find them in his collection of photos after he died and I decided to get them framed with the help of frameshop.com.au Who specialize in custom-made frames for such pictures. We have it on our living room wall and it's a great story to tell to our friends when they come and ask about it.

Grant

That's jut a lousy pic from my phone. The original is super sharp and in focus. From the lack of grain in the print, I imagine it's from a 2 1/4 or 4x5 negative.

Margod

In context of recent events, I can be triggered with such pics. I actually like the theme of aviation, rockets or space. But right now I'm triggered with endless wars. This year has already started on a terrible note. I have relatives who are quite close to the military events between Ukraine and Russia. Yes, they're in Hungary, but it's still close to Ukraine and the war. So I'd definitely remove such a trigger from my wall if it were part of the interior. My wife prints out black&white street photos that she takes in our city. That kind of thing calms her down. She comes up with each print photo on her own design of printed photos so she can make a saleable poster in her collection at the store . Unlike photos of military stuff, this is the kind of thing I can accept now in the interior.

Last edited: