• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spitfire instrument panel

coalman

Hello all,

May not appear to have much relation to flying jackets as it first appears but may interest those who collect flying clothing, and would like something to enhance that collection.

I have an original instrument panel from a Spitfire MkVb, complete with 97% original instrumentation, the last 3% is that one instrument is as rare as hens teeth so used a high end reproduction.
I have this for sale and offering forum members first before I place it on evil bay, so any serious would be purchasers please PM me in first instance with your email address and potential offers, sorry but only UK buyers.
I will then forward photos of the panel and once sold I will then advise the new owner of its providence

Regards

John

coalman

Yes I have but as in my post looking for offers in first instance, I am looking for the best offer rather than a auction company's value.
if you need to re-mortgage then I can give you a good rate of interest LOL

John Lever

Please can we stick to posting for sales items in the Sales section please ? Also as discussed many times an asking price should be stated not offers.
Nathan plans to update the guidelines for selling shortly.

Thanks.

CBI

FWIW - this is something I don't like about the revamped site - for buy and sell, one has to log in. Many members now just do a quick look instead of a log in so the Buy and Sell gets much less traffic. Can't this work as before and like Fedora Lounge? What's the point of having Buy and Sell like it is now? Just asking but its annoying as is.........

coalman

What it does not tell you is how many of his panels have been returned due to over sized holes/poor workmanship etc, his father used to be a well respected seller of all things spitfire back in the 80's.
So buyer beware, if anybody wants to start their own I can point them in the right direction of a good supplier of reproduction panels, which are correct in every detail

coalman

FWIW - this is something I don't like about the revamped site - for buy and sell, one has to log in. Many members now just do a quick look instead of a log in so the Buy and Sell gets much less traffic. Can't this work as before and like Fedora Lounge? What's the point of having Buy and Sell like it is now? Just asking but its annoying as is.........
I agree with you, John has commented on this thread not being in the correct forum yet there are 2 would like to buys threads in the general jacket section?
One rule for and one rule for another I ask?