• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spirit of '44 Leather Patches

Jim Harley

Hey all,
After a 14 year hiatus I'm back making leather patches. It's been a fun journey so far, met a lot of great people. Social Media has changed everything. My website is a work in progress and always being updated. I've got almost 200 replica patches available and more to come. Thanks for having a look.

Jim Harley
www.spiritof44.com

CBI

Hey, there are great - keep us posted. I would certainly be in the market for some.

Jim Harley

Here are some more...I really like the 15th AF carved patches. They are a bit larger than the standard 5" patches you see in the other theaters. If you have any questions please shoot me a message. My website has a 44 page catalog of reproduction insignias. Thanks!

Jim

485th BS 830th BS the "race to 100 missions" patch

451st Bomb Group

404th Fighter Group 9th AF

376th Bomb Group 15th AF

shedonwanna

hey jfharley, good to see you again. we met several years ago at ellington field when you were in town with the "909". you had already "disappeared" and i recognized you by the a-2 (artwork) you were wearing. i've been painting patches for 30 years and prefer not to paint jackets - always referred folks to you. your hiatus has not hurt your work. these carved/incised patches are as good as i've seen. i post images here from time to time but won't steal your thread. just wanted to let some of the newbies know you've been around awhile and i can recommend your work. i've bookmarked your web site! dlmiller

Jim Harley

Hey! Thank you for the kind words. It has taken a bit to knock the rust off. I only picked up a paint brush a few times during my time on the tour. I wish I still had that jacket, it was unfortunately stolen. I really missed painting and after meeting and interacting with several hundred veterans it makes it all the more special. Again, I really appreciate your kind words. Feel free to add any to anything I put up, I am here to help and share as well as provide the best work I can.

Jim

hey jfharley, good to see you again. we met several years ago at ellington field when you were in town with the "909". you had already "disappeared" and i recognized you by the a-2 (artwork) you were wearing. i've been painting patches for 30 years and prefer not to paint jackets - always referred folks to you. your hiatus has not hurt your work. these carved/incised patches are as good as i've seen. i post images here from time to time but won't steal your thread. just wanted to let some of the newbies know you've been around awhile and i can recommend your work. i've bookmarked your web site! dlmiller

Jim Harley

Been a while since I have posted. Spiritof44.com is up and running and features over 200 patch designs, jacket art, and custom artwork designs. I've also started documenting the USAAF with Google Earth. All the bases are still somewhat visible and gives a snapshot of where these guys served. Below are some screen grabs. Thanks!

Jim