• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiewak B15a Nylon Version?

Eligius

Hello from Germany, i am new to the forum and quite new to Flight Jackets.
My latest purchase is this Spiewak B15a(as far as the label says) Strange enough, the jacket's outershell is made from Nylon. It has Ideal Zipper and only the main body has this alpaca-style lining, as the inside arms have quilted padding.
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG

Searching through the internet, i could not find similar versions of this Jacket, Spiewaks repros seem to be made from Cotton, like most B15a on the market.
Would be thankfull for any info on this jacket.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    800 KB · Views: 165

Eligius

Yes, of course it is. Just curious why they make a quite good replica (cut/detail, even the alpaca style lining and label) from wrong outershell material. For a fashion piece all that would not have been necessary. Also it is amazing how close the color and feel of the outershell is matching the original wartime nylon.

Eligius

Strange enough, Spiewak seems to have been made a B15F from Nylon, so i really don`t see the point why they made this strange version.

Attachments

• spie3.jpg
    spie3.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 149
  • spie2.jpg
    spie2.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 132
  • spie1.jpg
    spie1.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 139

B-Man2

They also make a repro version of that jacket in a very tightly woven almost canvas like cotton . I think they call it their classic version but don’t quote me in that . It was closer to the original than this one is . They sell for about $225.00 if you can find one. They are out of production but occasionally turn up on Ebay .
Cheers

Edit
Just found it on EBay . Here’s one

A9A0F9F1-3CD4-409B-8C5C-C361559F1062.png

Eligius

Nice, even found one in my size from Europe. Bought a Bob Dong B15a recently, but they sent me wrong color so i'm thinking about returning it. Those Spiewaks are superior to Bob Dongs? I like the tightly woven material,

ausreenactor

Not sure if I said G'day already; however, it is great to see new members showing their stuff from the outset.

Only ever had a BR B-15A. Ran it through the wash to get rid of a smoker smell. Lost a size in the process. Flipped it as a 38.

Enjoying the Dong love these days!

B-Man2

Nice, even found one in my size from Europe. Bought a Bob Dong B15a recently, but they sent me wrong color so i'm thinking about returning it. Those Spiewaks are superior to Bob Dongs? I like the tightly woven material,
Actually the Bob Dong Jacket is far better that this Spiewak . I’ve had both of them so I can say that the Dong is a better version of the jacket. Especially the olive green one.