• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special Offer from Bill Kelso

mulceber

Hi All, Andy got in touch with me and wanted me to pass along an offer, as he has some jackets he's looking to unload. Some film production company got in touch with them about making A-2 jackets for a movie, but they wanted the jackets in a REALLY fast-aging horsehide. The boys at BK got a run of Liberty russet horsehide that's will look like it's had several years wear after about a month. Unfortunately, the movie was put on hold before anything had been paid for (apparently Hollywood often operates this way? "We're doing you a favor by advertising your products, so we don't have to pay in advance?").

The short of it is, now Andy's got a bunch of jackets in various stages of completion in a horsehide that ages really fast. If anyone's interested, they should get in touch with him. The jackets will be sold at the old price of £770 with free shipping. This price will hold steady even after the price increase that's happening tomorrow, so in a few hours, they'll be the cheapest A-2 BK offers. Here are the jackets on offer:

Completed:
Rough Wear 23380 size 40
Monarch 23378 size 36
Dubow 27798 size 48

Incomplete:
Dubow 27798 size 40
3x Dubow 27798 size 42

ausreenactor

Hi All, Andy got in touch with me and wanted me to pass along an offer, as he has some jackets he's looking to unload. Some film production company got in touch with them about making A-2 jackets for a movie, but they wanted the jackets in a REALLY fast-aging horsehide. The boys at BK got a run of Liberty russet horsehide that's will look like it's had several years wear after about a month. Unfortunately, the movie was put on hold before anything had been paid for (apparently Hollywood often operates this way? "We're doing you a favor by advertising your products, so we don't have to pay in advance?").

The short of it is, now Andy's got a bunch of jackets in various stages of completion in a horsehide that ages really fast. If anyone's interested, they should get in touch with him. The jackets will be sold at the old price of £770 with free shipping. This price will hold steady even after the price increase that's happening tomorrow, so in a few hours, they'll be the cheapest A-2 BK offers. Here are the jackets on offer:

Completed:
Rough Wear 23380 size 40
Monarch 23378 size 36
Dubow 27798 size 48

Incomplete:
Dubow 27798 size 40
3x Dubow 27798 size 42
Big size disparity in the cast...

ausreenactor

RM did an M-422 with insane reddish tones underneath... one of the sexiest jackets I ever lost on Yahoo Japan...

mulceber

Andy just sent me another couple photos of how the jacket has already started to age just from being on the sewing machine:

214465557_667302434669013_1761549199115230620_n.jpg

214274710_4080153875402876_6701043597613989960_n.jpg

Sabo

How does Mulceber work for the purchase of these jackets? Through you? However I see that on the BK website the A2s are always sold at 770.

mulceber

No work - I don’t get a commission or anything. I’ve bought several jackets from BK, so Andy got in touch with me and asked me to share these ones and I agreed. Took all of about 5 minutes.

However I see that on the BK website the A2s are always sold at 770.

BK is raising their prices soon. What you see on their website is the old price. I don't know what the new price is going to be, but reading between the lines on BK's front page, it could be as much as a 25% increase.

Last edited:

leper-colony

No work - I don’t get a commission or anything. I’ve bought several jackets from BK, so Andy got in touch with me and asked me to share these ones and I agreed. Took all of about 5 minutes.

BK is raising their prices soon. What you see on their website is the old price. I don't know what the new price is going to be, but reading between the lines on BK's front page, it could be as much as a 25% increase.
For me, they already priced me out of new purchases.

mulceber

If the price goes up 25%, that's £962 for an A-2 jacket.
That's "only" £137 less than an ELC jacket...
How does Bill Kelso justify this increase ?

From their website:

"From 1 July 2021, the EU will change its customs policy and as a result Valued-Added Tax (VAT) will be applied to all incoming goods irrespective of value. The previous de minimis thresholds will no longer be valid. Consequently, the cost of all the materials we import to make our jackets will increase by a minimum of 24%, not counting the duties and fees which are also considerable amounts. Additionally, all shipping companies are also increasing their prices, or have done it already during the Covid-19 period. We have tried and kept our prices as low as possible and have not made a general price increase since the year 2016. We are now in the uncomfortable position to announce a price increase to be effective on July 15, i.e. half month after the new customs regulations."

I understand their rationale, but it likely prices me out of the market.

Kermit3D

From their website:

"From 1 July 2021, the EU will change its customs policy and as a result Valued-Added Tax (VAT) will be applied to all incoming goods irrespective of value. The previous de minimis thresholds will no longer be valid. Consequently, the cost of all the materials we import to make our jackets will increase by a minimum of 24%, not counting the duties and fees which are also considerable amounts. Additionally, all shipping companies are also increasing their prices, or have done it already during the Covid-19 period. We have tried and kept our prices as low as possible and have not made a general price increase since the year 2016. We are now in the uncomfortable position to announce a price increase to be effective on July 15, i.e. half month after the new customs regulations."

I understand their rationale, but it likely prices me out of the market.

Thank you for this clarification Mulceber. :)

Indeed, this justification seems valid... but it makes the market of "high end" jackets more and more elitist.
In my opinion, they might lose a lot of customers... we'll see ! :rolleyes: