• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soviet air force vintage leather jacket from 1975

RagnarP229

I would love to have one of those Soviet jackets. There is one on eBay, but it's about $1100, and there is no size indicated. And it has patches and officer's epaulets on it that I wouldn't want. I want a plain one, like pictured above. I would most likely be an XXL. Most of my jackets are XXL. In a suit jacket I'm 48, but I like room in the shoulders, and I would want room to wear a sweater under a leather jacket. I've tried to find an online retailer of Soviet military jackets, or a Soviet military surplus store, but not much came up. And it looks like too many Russian leather jackets are long, like to cover a suit jacket. So, not much available.

If anyone knows of a source, please let me know. I love the US military jackets, but these Soviet jackets are distinct.

ausreenactor

I would love to have one of those Soviet jackets. There is one on eBay, but it's about $1100, and there is no size indicated. And it has patches and officer's epaulets on it that I wouldn't want. I want a plain one, like pictured above. I would most likely be an XXL. Most of my jackets are XXL. In a suit jacket I'm 48, but I like room in the shoulders, and I would want room to wear a sweater under a leather jacket. I've tried to find an online retailer of Soviet military jackets, or a Soviet military surplus store, but not much came up. And it looks like too many Russian leather jackets are long, like to cover a suit jacket. So, not much available.

If anyone knows of a source, please let me know. I love the US military jackets, but these Soviet jackets are distinct.
Might be a bit of second hand Russian gear on the market soon.

CombatWombat

My grandfather has his Polish air force jacket... it's about as long as a peacoat/"Reefer" coat and is in a reddish brown colour from whatever the Polish version of Kiwi shoe polish is lol...
It's got a beautiful thickness to it and it's still supple and durable enough that he wears it for the National Day/Liberation Day....a pity some of my boots from the 50's aren't half was supple as it is....
Edit: the jacket is exactly the same design as the Soviet air force "heavy aircraft" jacket except for the buckle throat closesure that doesn't appear on the Soviet ones that I've quickly Googled...
Varusteleka and Armyworld.pl are your best bets for Soviet stuff and have English speaking sales staff to boot!

Last edited:

Shanghai-Mayne

D9B923AC-6702-4016-8ADC-3F02FF4B49E0.jpeg
934B5DC6-AB3F-43FA-B8DF-062EF66C1AF5.jpeg

2012 photos , those pilots serving in Русские Витязи, equal to USAF’s Thunderbirds.