• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sourcing original A-2's

Grant

Yeah, Miles stalks the local funeral homes... it ain't pretty but he's got some killer jackets out of it.

jacketimp

an't that the truth..........as one BIG dog told me..........he's a vulture........he should know he's got collections in the stratosphere....

Jason

Manions Auctions gets A-2s, but they tend to go for market or higher than average market prices...

I remember Brooks got the Perry I now have from a thrift shop, for a price that would make a grown AAF collector weep. Unfortunately, with the ready availability of information on the internet these days, most people know what value such things have and don't let them go so cheaply.

HHjackets

jacketimp said:
HHjackets said:
one lady seller told me she bought the ww2 a-2 jacket she was auctioning at a car boot sale ...
for $8 !!

wow.......$8dollah..........what's the condition out of 10?

it was a couple of years ago. no damages, nicely faded, it sold for around $350 if i remember correctly. it was badly listed though, hence the reason it went so cheap.
she didn't know much about it and what leather it was, so i emailed her to say you can find more info at acmedepot.com, she replied to say she is fine leaving the listing as is since she paid only $8 for it at a ... flea market/yard sale/garage sale etc (don't remember which one!).

jacketimp

HHjackets said:
jacketimp said:
HHjackets said:
one lady seller told me she bought the ww2 a-2 jacket she was auctioning at a car boot sale ...
for $8 !!

wow.......$8dollah..........what's the condition out of 10?

it was a couple of years ago. no damages, nicely faded, it sold for around $350 if i remember correctly. it was badly listed though, hence the reason it went so cheap.
she didn't know much about it and what leather it was, so i emailed her to say you can find more info at acmedepot.com, she replied to say she is fine leaving the listing as is since she paid only $8 for it at a ... flea market/yard sale/garage sale etc (don't remember which one!).

eer... you didn't jump on it?

jacketimp

HHjackets said:
jacketimp said:
eer... you didn't jump on it?

no, im not a collector ... and it wasn't a dubow anyway!
but if i find an original dubow i can wear then i'll probably go for it.

you got the hots for a du bow then?

no du bow? that makes you a du bow widow......you'll find her by and by!