• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone finally listed the cheap Chinese Talons on ebay

Silver Surfer

they've been around for a while, usually out of Hong Kong or china. one Chinese vendor was using a Japanese address on Ebay.

Flightengineer

Hi Jay, he has been selling them for a very long time and many bought from him for different purposes.I bought this zips for my project - canvas bag in old aviator kit bag style. I bought from this UK seller and they come from UK. His name is Mark and he is an honest seller and I had no problems with him.
Yes, this is not a very accurate repro, but these are the same zippers used on the AVI A2 and Bronson B-15 jackets. Not your jacket level ofcourse.
But the seller does not pass them off as originals. You see what you pay for.
If not going to use them on high end repro jackets, then why not.

mulceber

Hi Jay, he has been selling them for a very long time and many bought from him for different purposes.I bought this zips for my project - canvas bag in old aviator kit bag style. I bought from this UK seller and they come from UK. His name is Mark and he is an honest seller and I had no problems with him.
Yes, this is not a very accurate repro, but these are the same zippers used on the AVI A2 and Bronson B-15 jackets. Not your jacket level ofcourse.
But the seller does not pass them off as originals. You see what you pay for.
If not going to use them on high end repro jackets, then why not.

Yep, same. I’ve dealt with Boat5000, and he’s an honest seller. My purchases from him were shipped from the UK. People complaining about him are barking up the wrong tree.