• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

some recent close ups GW Dubow

airfrogusmc

Check out the grain
IMG_2787.jpg

grain and wrinkles
IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

Cobblers161

Ain't that sweet?

The crown zip adds so much to it. Waiting on the same right now (Dull Red Knits tho) and the more I see images of GW's the more anxious I become in anticipation of it's arrival!

LVC's, PF Flyers, GW's, you got taste fella.

airfrogusmc

Actually chucks but thanks. This is one FINE jacket. The most comfortable and wearable A-2 I've ever owned. (and a perfect match to Pauls original) The horse hide is just AWESOME....Actually the purple-ish knits are the most common. If ever these wear out I'll have those put on....IF...these are excellent knits.

You will not be disappointed.

jacketimp

airfrogusmc said:
Actually chucks but thanks. This is one FINE jacket. The most comfortable and wearable A-2 I've ever owned. (and a perfect match to Pauls original) The horse hide is just AWESOME....Actually the purple-ish knits are the most common. If ever these wear out I'll have those put on....IF...these are excellent knits.

You will not be disappointed.

you're luckeee..........heard the hide you have is no more.....

grains?..............let's say gnarly wrinkles look awesome...........

hey just have a thought.....how about complimenting mum in law with: you're graining nicely.......great patina on yer face.....enjoy! :twisted:

better duck

airfrogusmc said:
Check out the grain
Hey Froggy,
We really are a nitwitty bunch of guys, aren't we? you wouldn't take closeups of, let alone post the grain accumulated on the missus over the years, now would you. And whereever have you overheard people (most of all: grown men) have a conversation on the pros & cons, no really the elegance and beauty (or lack thereof) of zippers???? :geek: :cool: :lol:
Oh hell: do forgive, I'm allowed to tease, as I suffer from the same affliction, as my contributions to this forum testify. And yes, I'm waiting for a GW Dubow in goat with a NOS Crown zip! :ugeek:
So, to business: yes, great grain, that will develop even better with wear over time!

airfrogusmc

:lol: :lol:

Well last time I talked to JC he said he would be offering this hide again in the near future.

better duck

jacketimp said:
waht kind of tease we talkin', better duck?
Well, would you like to be called one of a nitwitty bunch of guys? Would you confess out in the open that you can recognise the make of a zipper by the shape of its teeth and puller? Me thinks most people, when hearing such a confession would utter politely interested sounds, but in the meantime look furtively for an escape route and, once escaped and out of sight, pull faces like :roll: :? :eek: :D
That's the way it is with us vintage jacketeers