• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some museum owned originals

Officer Dibley

Today the memsahib & i visited a couple of the dozen or so WW2 USAAF museums within an hours drive of home.
Here are some of the jackets and bags we saw.
Apologies but all were behind glass and i could not get rid of reflection from any angle.

IMG_9418.JPG
IMG_9420.JPG
IMG_9419.JPG
IMG_9422.JPG
IMG_9421.JPG
IMG_9423.JPG
IMG_9425.JPG
IMG_9433.JPG
IMG_9426.JPG
IMG_9434.JPG

Carl

Fantastic !!!! i really do need to get " Darn Sarrrf " and visit these little goldmines !!
Thanks Officer Dibley !! you have re-ignited my passion again !!!

Officer Dibley

Halesworth is good but small and free to enter

IMG_9429.JPG
IMG_9427.JPG
IMG_9428.JPG

However, Flixton is big and amazing for a free to enter with all volunteer staff.
IMG_9458.JPG

Then there's the excellent Rougham, Thorpe Abotts, Parham to the east and Bassingborne & Duxford to the west and you have several weekends of visits to do.
If you are down this way Carl, let me know. Be happy to guide you around those museums plus more and many memorials.

jeremiah

Great pics. For what it’s worth. If using a phone camera, if you hold the phone directly against the glass and take the photo there will be no glare. However taking some pics will be hard as this also will reduce the picture window.

Brent

Nice shots of the kit bags. Somebody needs to figure out how to get that aged look. Stenciling is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,