• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some help with some repro A-2

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Does anyone recognize who the manufacturer of this repro A-2 is? Any info will be helpful! Thanks in advance

Jorge

5B6A3D5B-368E-4BC4-B737-3315166CDF89.jpeg
63887D1F-BFE8-40C6-8516-F257D0F2EB56.jpeg
E84D0865-D468-4E5F-9C4D-2DD965F739AE.jpeg
16447667-0EF2-4468-9952-D60493FFBB65.jpeg
C59E9BFA-8E78-4D8D-A46C-8492AF57EA02.jpeg

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Thanks again @Grant !!! Yes I just entered to their website, zipper looks a bit different to the one on the website but I guess this probably was an earlier version from LW

Juanito

This is a very early LW jacket, probably 1989-90 due to the pocket flap shape and the white and red size tag. It isn't one of the real early ones where Scoville zippers were used. By 1991-92 or so, the matching size tags appeared and the pocket flaps we more scalloped.

The jacket is horsehide.

Brettafett

LWs make solid, well-made repro jackets. Leather can be a bit too robust imo... ;) Perhaps not super 'top-tier' as far as details go, but they copied an original Dubow 27798, and have quite a collection of original flight jackets. Depends what its selling for... Platon's Dubow is superior.
Heres my one from circa 2005
Dubow_Wearing2.JPG

Silver Surfer

the lw jackets never break in properly, as they are over dyed to the point of the dye going through the hide, and, for what they are, over priced to boot. the 27798 contract used talon m-42s as well as crown zippers. bang for the buck? go with the platon dubow, and they are more accurate in details, hides, zippers,, knits, etc.

Bombing IP

I have a lost world jacket and I think its a great jacket ,price new a little high but if you can pick up one used at a good price get it . The construction is bullet proof so is the lining and if you remember we had a posting show us your well worn jacket the LW won . Yes the one in the picture you started the thread with is a Lost Worlds A2 .

BIP

Juanito

It depends on what you want. If you are looking for a somewhat accurate repro that is absolutely bombproof, the LW is the one to buy. If you are looking for more accuracy at an excellent price, you cannot beat the Platon Dubow.

If I had to only have one jacket, it would be the LW horsehide A-2.

Bombing IP

It depends on what you want. If you are looking for a somewhat accurate repro that is absolutely bombproof, the LW is the one to buy. If you are looking for more accuracy at an excellent price, you cannot beat the Platon Dubow.

If I had to only have one jacket, it would be the LW horsehide A-2.

I 100% agree with Juanito, . Jorge if you try on a LW A2 you will instantly notice the difference in terms of weight ,it it closer to a motorcycle jacket feel not limp like some jackets . It truly is a masterpiece of tailoring . I know it will never fall apart you have to do hard work to break it in but its worth it and it will get there .

BIP

Last edited:

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Thanks for all your great info guys, I love all the experiences you can learn here! I’ll receive it next week, we will see how it looks :rolleyes:!!! Will keep you posted! ;)