• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

stanier

And don’t forget what knife you carry! I’m still bewildered by that one, sorry!

Everytime I read that thread it made me think of Crocodile Dundee and that scene where two thugs try and rob him and at knife point he says “that’s not a knife, this is a knife” as he pulls some huge blade from his person.

Sorry must get back on topic!

Carl

And don’t forget what knife you carry! I’m still bewildered by that one, sorry!

Everytime I read that thread it made me think of Crocodile Dundee and that scene where two thugs try and rob him and at knife point he says “that’s not a knife, this is a knife” as he pulls some huge blade from his person.

Sorry must get back on topic!
Cant say i was a fan on that thread !! :confused:

B-Man2

The back story here is, that I had been trying to find someone to paint my bag without a long waiting time and without shipping it to another continent.After a bit of trial and error and some help from forum members, I contacted Johnny Signor known as Emblem Hunter in this forum. I explained to him what I wanted painted on my bag and sent it to him. Within about 10 days ( including the Thanksgiving Holiday when no one works) Johnny had my bag painted and shipped back to me. ( Turns out Johnny lives 2 hours away in Florida) I chose the 507 Parachute Infantry Regiment patch and jump wings to be painted on my bag in remembrance of my father who was in that unit for a period time during the war. Hope you guys like his work.
Thanks for looking.
F3B43AE8-4A37-47B3-87D9-B2281AEB8BD3.jpeg

B-Man2

Burt, the bag looks fantastic. If I may ask, what did your dad do in the war?
He join the US Army in 1940 before the war started for the US. He volunteered and went to Airborne Training in 1942 or 43 at Ft Benning Ga. and was assigned to the 507th which was a newly formed airborne training unit at Benning having moved there from Camp Toccoa Ga. ,I believe, but don’t quote me on that units history . He was attached to that unit but later hurt his back on a jump, and was taken off jump status due to the injury and transferred to the 4 th Infantry Division , 122 infantry Regiment. He went into Utah Beach on the morning of June 6th , 1944, but I don’t know the time of his arrival . He told me that while he was on the beach that morning, General Roosevelt ( Teddy Roosevelt’s son) the Divsion Commander was there telling him to get off the beach and move in land ASAP. That’s about the most I ever got out of him about his service in WWII , and that was near the end of his life.
Edit: actually there is more, as he was shot and wounded around July 30th , 1944 by a sniper in a hedge row . I have his original jump wings and 507th patch. A collector offered me $1200 for the patch about 8 years ago but I declined the offer

Last edited:

Carl

The back story here is, that I had been trying to find someone to paint my bag without a long waiting time and without shipping it to another continent.After a bit of trial and error and some help from forum members, I contacted Johnny Signor known as Emblem Hunter in this forum. I explained to him what I wanted painted on my bag and sent it to him. Within about 10 days ( including the Thanksgiving Holiday when no one works) Johnny had my bag painted and shipped back to me. ( Turns out Johnny lives 2 hours away in Florida) I chose the 507 Parachute Infantry Regiment patch and jump wings to be painted on my bag in remembrance of my father who was in that unit for a period time during the war. Hope you guys like his work.
Thanks for looking.
View attachment 12148
Glad you got sorted in the end Burt

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hey Burt, I very much enjoyed doing the unit emblem, para wing and tabs etc on your bag in honor of your Dad's service, thanks much for the work and enjoy it :)
Johnny Signor
EMBLEMHUNTER

Smithy

I realised from my first post starting this thread that I got my one pretty much a year ago now. For the record mine has held up beautifully, still as good as when I got it.

I still haven't got around to stencilling it but I'm looking to change that over the next few weeks.

B-Man2

It was a great idea Tim. I’ve used mine more than any other small piece of luggage, for everything from going on a weekend trip to carrying back dirty clothes from the gym.
I love it . Thanks for the tip!

Smithy

I use mine lots too, and they're damn practical, and for the price you just can't go wrong.

I'm actually fiddling around on the computer drawing up the artwork to make the stencil for my one now - only a year late!

Cocker

All set up and packed for La Ferté-alais airshow, and damn this thing is HUGE!! Never thought I'd be able to squeeze that much gear into a bag!