• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

tjoenn

My first attempt at stenciling, trying to make the bag I bought here for a good price a little nicer....
IMG_6420.JPG
IMG_6428.JPG

tjoenn

Looks great!
Thanks! And thanks for the advice regarding the paint and method!!! Cutting out the stencil was probably the most tedious work I've ever done, but still enjoyed it. Also stenciled the underside of three caps with just my name. Now I've run out of things to stencil....

Smithy

Thanks! And thanks for the advice regarding the paint and method!!! Cutting out the stencil was probably the most tedious work I've ever done, but still enjoyed it. Also stenciled the underside of three caps with just my name. Now I've run out of things to stencil....

That's the problem with this stencilling business it gets a little addictive. Now you can make some t-shirts ;)

dmar836

Looks real good. Useful skill. My latest was stenciling some folding chairs before OSH. Bag chairs are cheap but one could stencil them as well. Nicer than just using a marker.
Dave

Officer Dibley

I'm gonna have to give this stencilling lark a go.
Is there a thread on it ? Use thick greased card ? Will that go through a printer ? Apply paint with a sponge brush ?

Cocker

As far as I’m concerned, I print on 200g paper and use a small brush cut flat. Only little dabs of textile paint, almost like dry brushing.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

stanier

Haha! So I’m really chuffed my bag arrived today, and I’m very happy! In fact, rather more happy than I ever dreamed! My 11 year old daughter is laughing saying dads happy with his new bag!

Anyway, I’d like to get a white name tape made up and fitted and 4th Fighter Group stencilling applied, all in an authentic style.

Can anyone help with who can do one or both to an authentic standard?

Please don’t say have a go myself, I’d like my bag to stay good and get more desirable!

Teddy

I also got the bag from soldier of fortune this past week and it looks good. Does anyone here who bought the sof bag also happen to have an ELC kit bag? What's the comparison? Is the sof bag as solid as ELC in construction?

stanier

2EA7A710-03D6-4A2C-9741-AD8E1BC82F03.jpeg
When all the posts about the SoF kit bags started I got one. And I really, really hankered for a cool painted bag, but having the artistic talent of a numb monkey wearing boxing gloves, I thought that was beyond my possibilities. Then the very kind Carl here introduced me to a gentleman of the highest artistic pedigree who has recently painted the bag. We’re awaiting some 1/2” stencils with which to apply my name and serial number to the tapes, but here’s where we are so far, and I couldn’t be more pleased!!!

Last edited:

Carl

View attachment 11346 When all the posts about the SoF kit bags started I got one. And I really, really hankered first a cool painted bag, but having the artistic talent of a numb monkey wearing boxing gloves, I thought that was beyond my possibilities. Then the very kind Carl here intriduced me to a gentleman of the highest artistic pedigree who has recently painted bag. We’re awaiting some 1/2 stencils with which to apply my name and serial number to the tapes, but here’s where we are so far, and I couldn’t be more pleased!!!
Looks good Chris !! I knew you wouldnt be disappointed !