• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

Carl

Just received today another original variant of the AN6505 .
Ill get some pics posted as soon as i can

A little bit different style to the other originals i have .
20180902_174708.jpg

20180902_174720.jpg
20180902_174838.jpg

stanier

All these bags all look so darn good !
One more thing to collect now but I’ve got to find someone to paint a repro because I have NO artistic talent what so ever.:(

Join the club b-man, I could wreck a nice bag in one brush stroke! The folk here make me so envious!

Carl

Here's a fake stencil I made up that actually uses the font Stencil, which always looks hokey when neatly laser-printed. It should make you imagine stupid TV theme music with lots of tubas and snare drums, and a title like Private Goofball or Operation Screwloose.
View attachment 8239

This uses a font called News Gothic Bold that actually existed in the 1940s, and could have been used for this very purpose. It shouldn't form any extraneous images in your mind, just aviator's kit bag, property U.S. Government.
View attachment 8240
@zoomer
Can you match this ??
20180902_175027.jpg

B-Man2

B9D9BC36-2439-4FC6-97D6-D4728CE2047D.jpeg
Ok .. I got my hands on a flight bag today but since I don’t know much about identifying the authenticity of an original vs. a repro, I need some help. This bag looks to be in almost too good of shape for a WWII Kit Bag. It also doesn’t have the flap at the top covering the middle of the bag where the zips meet. It was sold to me as an original WWII AN6505-1 Aviators Kit Bag. Is it an original and is it WWII or post WWII.
Thanks in advance for all of your input.
PS
Tim I hope I’m not stepping on your thread, my apologies if I am.
Cheers
B-Man2

90001686-3995-4FCF-BA66-2187493C0659.jpeg

D35EC3EC-A647-4F23-9D1C-ED03DF2770B4.jpeg

247AFDE6-55AF-437F-B255-15AE68252A37.jpeg

dmar836

Burt, I have not studied the repros so can only look at mine. Mine both have the smaller #5 Talon zips with single row stitching. One has the AAF stamp between the handle straps on the pocketed side. Not sure why they have the reinforcement on the other side only. I think the black “assembly lines” under the handles are interesting. Neither of mine have those. Not sure if that’s evidence for a contractor made bag or that of a repro.
Anyone know how long they made this bag?
Dave

EmergencyIan

All these bags all look so darn good !
One more thing to collect now but I’ve got to find someone to paint a repro because I have NO artistic talent what so ever.:(

I’m in a very similar boat, Burt. I’m searching, a little bit, with no luck, so far.

- Ian