• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

Officer Dibley

Or a "fantasy" piece........

IMG_9414.JPG

Anyone know what those internal pockets were for ? Something specific (normally they'd be labelled though right ?) Or just general personal "stuff" ?

Last edited:

Carl

This brings up the point about replicas, clones & future fraud.

How close do you want a bag, jacket etc to be ? It might satisfy you now but when you can't tell if something is real or not, the price dives through the floor.
Look at ditching whistles.......

Sefton Clothing makes great repro kit but Steve the artisan always makes sure there is at least one thing that tells others who know their onions the item is modern.

However, with German WW2 kit, it was made after the war in the same machines and of German metal and has been sold as genuine for decades.

Careful what you wish for ......
Mmm like his B2's with the SHAW BARTON label size 7 1/4 :mad::mad:

Last edited:

Persimmon

Or a "fantasy" piece........

View attachment 8459

Anyone know what those internal pockets were for ? Something specific (normally they'd be labelled though right ?) Or just general personal "stuff" ?

To much of a fantasy .... if you leave on the bag the US Air Force patch.
( the USAF was formed as a separate branch on 18 September 1947 )
With the USAAF 8th patch you’ve covered that anyway.

Officer Dibley

Thanks for your opinion. I may still go with it. 99.999999% of the population will either not notice, not care or think it looks cool ;) Got to find a use for all the early USAF patches etc that i have !

A2 B3au

I regard jackets different but the bags I feel are a chance to put patches I have my own affiliations to ie blacksheep airlift squadron 777 goes perfect with my 77th fighters and fits the lucky streak I've been known to have. So pimping up seems good as long as you like it .cool looking forward to seeing everyones stenciled and patched bags,I'm lucky to have got the big holdall as well so I can have fun n that too and it sure is big I can't help but think how much cash a bank robber could bundle in to one of those things
The Real Deals as opposed to the Real McCoys :D
Be a travesty to paint etc these though imho.

View attachment 8559 View attachment 8560
really cool

Officer Dibley

I think that's what i said above. At least three of us think that way.

Do what you like to a copy. That's no loss to anyone nor history.

However, any owner of anything is at liberty to do what they want. Sadly.

Edward

I think that's what i said above. At least three of us think that way.

Do what you like to a copy. That's no loss to anyone nor history.

However, any owner of anything is at liberty to do what they want. Sadly.
I have a spare original C/D silk escape map (they were made of rayon actually but I digress) I unfolded it! :D:p:confused:
76 year creases will never go away though so I can refold it. I hear of some taking an iron and flattening them out for display! :eek: now that is blasphemy!!!