• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

Cocker

A picture of my bag, ready for LFA air show two months ago. SOF kit bag, Aero 42-18775-P, Bronson denim A-3 and SM Wholesale USN boondockers.

IMG-20190726-103613-082.jpg

Flightengineer

A picture of my bag, ready for LFA air show two months ago. SOF kit bag, Aero 42-18775-P, Bronson denim A-3 and SM Wholesale USN boondockers.

IMG-20190726-103613-082.jpg

Beautiful bag and nice photo.
I'm satisfied with Red Canoe's version, it is created based and inspired on the original (not exact copy) but it bit smaller than small SOF size which is more convenient for me.

Steve27752

Some 20 years ago now I was visiting Duxford and in the American Air Museum I saw several A-2 jackets. One had a patch on it that I learned that one of the patches was from the 84th Fighter Squadron that had been based at DX during WW11.
So, I had one painted (I cannot remember by whom) and sewn onto my new ELC R W 27752.
IMG_0363.JPG

After a couple of years I removed the patch and sold said A-2. The patch was put into an envelope in my garage.
At the weekend I found the patch and thought of a new place for it. Today, I went to a local (traditional) cobbler that I trust and in less than five minutes it was on my SoF AN 6505-1 bag, to start a new lease of life.
IMG_0365.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Some 20 years ago now I was visiting Duxford and in the American Air Museum I saw several A-2 jackets. One had a patch on it that I learned that one of the patches was from the 84th Fighter Squadron that had been based at DX during WW11.
So, I had one painted (I cannot remember by whom) and sewn onto my new ELC R W 27752.
View attachment 22814
After a couple of years I removed the patch and sold said A-2. The patch was put into an envelope in my garage.
At the weekend I found the patch and thought of a new place for it. Today, I went to a local (traditional) cobbler that I trust and in less than five minutes it was on my SoF AN 6505-1 bag, to start a new lease of life.View attachment 22825
Re-cycling at its best!!
Nicely done!

stanier

Nice bottle of "Broon" there Chris ! ;)

You wouldn’t believe tonight’s billet Carl! But enough! I’m off to me Bed and tomorrow is another day! And a few more pints of something dark and wonderful to say a glorious helloooo tooo!

stanier

Thank you. All I need to do now is go to an art shop or similar to find some stencils.

Steve, if it’s of any use I got these stencils to my name and serial number on my bag. Maybe not uber cheap but not going to break the bank either. As my pic above shows I’ve not used mine yet, but will get round to it, and as far as I know are accurate stencils. Cheers

Steve27752

Steve, if it’s of any use I got these stencils to my name and serial number on my bag. Maybe not uber cheap but not going to break the bank either. As my pic above shows I’ve not used mine yet, but will get round to it, and as far as I know are accurate stencils. Cheers

Thank you, did you go for the 1"?

stanier

Thank you, did you go for the 1"?

Hi Steve, no for the name and serial number from memory I got the 1/2 inch to go on the name tapes between the handles. With 1” and the number of characters in my surname it wouldn’t fit but with 1/2 inch it does.

The 334 stencilling that's on there was done by the amazing artist that painted the bag to this point and I think they are 1” stencils, but I’d have to check. Cheers

Steve27752

Hi Steve, no for the name and serial number from memory I got the 1/2 inch to go on the name tapes between the handles. With 1” and the number of characters in my surname it wouldn’t fit but with 1/2 inch it does.

The 334 stencilling that's on there was done by the amazing artist that painted the bag to this point and I think they are 1” stencils, but I’d have to check. Cheers
Thank you.

Cocker

Steve, you can just do it yourself :cool:

Use heavy paper, Marsh font, print out whatever you want, and then you'll just have to cut it out and paint it on!

Steve27752

Steve, you can just do it yourself :cool:

Use heavy paper, Marsh font, print out whatever you want, and then you'll just have to cut it out and paint it on!
I know me and my computer skills etc...............But, thank you for the suggestion.