• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

Steve27752

View attachment 11346 When all the posts about the SoF kit bags started I got one. And I really, really hankered for a cool painted bag, but having the artistic talent of a numb monkey wearing boxing gloves, I thought that was beyond my possibilities. Then the very kind Carl here introduced me to a gentleman of the highest artistic pedigree who has recently painted the bag. We’re awaiting some 1/2” stencils with which to apply my name and serial number to the tapes, but here’s where we are so far, and I couldn’t be more pleased!!!
Very nice, is that the smaller or larger of the bags?

Art

View attachment 11346 When all the posts about the SoF kit bags started I got one. And I really, really hankered for a cool painted bag, but having the artistic talent of a numb monkey wearing boxing gloves, I thought that was beyond my possibilities. Then the very kind Carl here introduced me to a gentleman of the highest artistic pedigree who has recently painted the bag. We’re awaiting some 1/2” stencils with which to apply my name and serial number to the tapes, but here’s where we are so far, and I couldn’t be more pleased!!!
Yeah he’s done that nicely it last looks very smart now that I’ve actually seen it properly

stanier

Is it all finished Chris ?? I might have to get one done for going to DX next year now !!!
I’ve ordered some 1/2 inch name and serial number stencils from the US Carl, and I’ve also got some rather nice red lucite vintage dice zip pullers on the way I couldn’t resist...these things are very addictive.

Even my daughter has said I need to ale sure I always have a pack of vintage playing cards and a tin of sweet Georgia Brown kept in the bag....

Carl

I’ve ordered some 1/2 inch name and serial number stencils from the US Carl, and I’ve also got some rather nice red lucite vintage dice zip pullers on the way I couldn’t resist...these things are very addictive.

Even my daughter has said I need to ale sure I always have a pack of vintage playing cards and a tin of sweet Georgia Brown kept in the bag....
I have a pair of red lucite on my A2 , which !! im wearing around the house at this moment in time to try and get it broken in a bit !!!
Luuurrrvvvvveeeee Sweet Georgia ! i also use Royal Crown !! ;)

stanier

Yep, I’m a fan of Royal Crown too. The Johnny Cash grease.

I had a look at the ELC bags at the pop up shop and I thinj they’re a lot nicer in reality than on the ELC site. But the SOF bags are on a par with them.

Carl

I dont know what it is with the ELC example ?? just doesnt do it for me , maybe its with having several originals here , that im always comparing against ?? oh and the stupid price tag on ELC doesnt help either !!!