• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoF Summer Chinos

Officer Dibley

Fair enough Tim.
Best you go look for those 2 lost people. Or were the KIA rather than MIA ?
I didn’t know the reason for the delay til you just told me. I was thinking of pulling the trigger before you bought the entire stock.
Apologies for enquiring

Smithy

Fair enough Tim.
Best you go look for those 2 lost people. Or were the KIA rather than MIA ?
I didn’t know the reason for the delay til you just told me. I was thinking of pulling the trigger before you bought the entire stock.
Apologies for enquiring

Sorry if I came across as brusque but I've been working 10 hour plus shifts for over the last week so more than a little tired, plus one of my immediate family here is going in for an emergency medical procedure at the hospital today. Pants and taking photos have been completely forgotten.

I'm only on here now as I can't sleep even though I just came off night shift as I'm kind of worried about stuff and trying to take my mind off things.

Micawber

Yesterday I started turning up the Kay Canvas chinos that were delivered from SoF on Monday. Being such a shortarse [increasingly it seems - how weird is that] I means that off the peg trousers are invariably too long for me but I'm not a great fan of turn-ups [ok "cuffs" to those who speak funny*] on work type trousers [or pants although where I come from they are the items of clothing that separate your manhood from your trousers*] which these will be as they collect debris from physical work type activities.

Having been hands on them for a bit yesterday I can vouch that these chinos are well put together and constructed from good, strong materials and will be as "up to the top" as much as the original issue ones - which is sometimes not the case with repro stuff sold for re-enacting or show purposes.

[I can also vouch that I have used far to many brackets in this post too and that some of the comments are meant to be mildly humourous and should be taken as such so no need to get your knickers in a twist over them ] :D

Flyingplanner

Yesterday I started turning up the Kay Canvas chinos that were delivered from SoF on Monday. Being such a shortarse [increasingly it seems - how weird is that] I means that off the peg trousers are invariably too long for me but I'm not a great fan of turn-ups [ok "cuffs" to those who speak funny*] on work type trousers [or pants although where I come from they are the items of clothing that separate your manhood from your trousers*] which these will be as they collect debris from physical work type activities.

Having been hands on them for a bit yesterday I can vouch that these chinos are well put together and constructed from good, strong materials and will be as "up to the top" as much as the original issue ones - which is sometimes not the case with repro stuff sold for re-enacting or show purposes.

[I can also vouch that I have used far to many brackets in this post too and that some of the comments are meant to be mildly humourous and should be taken as such so no need to get your knickers in a twist over them ] :D
Hi Steve

What inside leg do these run at as I'm 33"

Dave D

Micawber

Hi Steve

What inside leg do these run at as I'm 33"

Dave D

I can only dream of being a 33" Dave lol! Needless to say I'm a tad shorter than you, in fact I was amazed to discover I'd actually been loosing height over the past 6-8 months as I've been having regular checks at the hospital.

ausreenactor

Guys I've done a reassessment...

And yes these are the best pair of all round pants in the world ;-)

Wore them driving in the car, wore them mucking around in the garden, wore them throwing a softball around with the little fella, these are just awesome pants. I reckon I'm going to order a third pair and I've never done that before.
Got some pics?

Officer Dibley

Tim, no need to apologise. We don’t know what is going on in our mates lives til they tell us.....I certainly wasn’t aware you were anything other than your usual chirpy self from the tone & frequency of your posts on here. i sincerely hope things improve dramatically.
I thought you were going to order as many pairs as you could before your recommendation got us all ordering ;)
Dig in mate, blue skies ahead
Dave

PADDY_M

Sorry if I came across as brusque but I've been working 10 hour plus shifts for over the last week so more than a little tired, plus one of my immediate family here is going in for an emergency medical procedure at the hospital today. Pants and taking photos have been completely forgotten.

I'm only on here now as I can't sleep even though I just came off night shift as I'm kind of worried about stuff and trying to take my mind off things.
Take care of yourself chum. I dare say most of us have things going on in the background of our day to day lives that we aren't privy to. These online places are something of an escape for many. Take good care of yourself!! Your pal, Paddy.

Smithy

Only just dropped in and found out about this-Tim, I hope your family member is OK, everything gets sorted out and all returns to peace and tranquillity up your end.

Thanks Mikey really appreciate it.

I won't ramble on but it was so nice of people to send support so thought that I'd just say that we had good news, very early detection and the prognosis is extremely positive, actually the best possible outcome in the circumstances.

Back to the chinos...

I still haven't had time to take photos but measured the inside leg on the size 32 waist and it's 32'' (82cm). And for @PADDY_M these are the proper 30s/40s fit of the original pattern.

Super comfy to wear and as Steve mentioned above very sturdily constructed. Already had several positive comments about them which is something I never receive for trousers.

I'll try and post some fit pics tomorrow.