• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoF Service Boots in Russet by Mil-Tec

Smithy

No idea whether these clogs are any good but took a gamble and placed an order. I read a couple of reviews elsewhere which spoke highly of them. Anyway new thread and new pics and review when these clodhoppers turn up.

They look alright in the pics...

al241-0.jpeg

B-Man2

No idea whether these clogs are any good but took a gamble and placed an order. I read a couple of reviews elsewhere which spoke highly of them. Anyway new thread and new pics and review when these clodhoppers turn up.

al241-0.jpeg
Had a pair .
Takes a bit of work to break them in, but once that’s done they’re ok . Personally I’m not a fan of the big capped toe box, but they are good sturdy boots . Looking forward to your review and what you think of them Tim:)

Flightengineer

al241-0.jpeg

Tim I can't see the pic

Smithy

Just thought I'd do a follow up...

I've been wearing these (and the Roughouts for that matter) heaps since I got them and bloody love the things.

These are hefty buggers and very solid but they're breaking in beautifully and just look terrific with a pair of chinos and an A-2.

I'm going to give them a bit more character by using some different polish hues but low and behold Kiwi seem to have stopped making shoe polish in anything but black or brown. I've had to order some Dasco mid tan, dark tan and cordovan so once they turn up I'll post some pics of how they look after some polish antiquing.

B-Man2

Just thought I'd do a follow up...

I've been wearing these (and the Roughouts for that matter) heaps since I got them and bloody love the things.

These are hefty buggers and very solid but they're breaking in beautifully and just look terrific with a pair of chinos and an A-2.

I'm going to give them a bit more character by using some different polish hues but low and behold Kiwi seem to have stopped making shoe polish in anything but black or brown. I've had to order some Dasco mid tan, dark tan and cordovan so once they turn up I'll post some pics of how they look after some polish antiquing.
As an add on I followed Tim’s advice and purchased a pair from SOF . Unfortunately, I’m going to have to wait a few weeks until the next resupply flight comes in, as they are out of my size . You can always wear an A2 that’s a size smaller but boots ??? Uh uh…. Nope …
No way … ;)

Smithy

As an add on I followed Tim’s advice and purchased a pair from SOF . Unfortunately, I’m going to have to wait a few weeks until the next resupply flight comes in, as they are out of my size . You can always wear an A2 that’s a size smaller but boots ??? Uh uh…. Nope …
No way … ;)

I hope you like them as much as I like mine Burt!

I'm thrilled with them. Like you said worth wearing thick socks for the break in as the place you feel them is where the top of the boot touches the ankle. Saying that I've had no blisters of chaffing with them and they're already moulding to my feet and ankles.

B-Man2

I hope you like them as much as I like mine Burt!

I'm thrilled with them. Like you said worth wearing thick socks for the break in as the place you feel them is where the top of the boot touches the ankle. Saying that I've had no blisters of chaffing with them and they're already moulding to my feet and ankles.
This is going to work out nicely for me . I have a few weeks to take notes while you go through your break in period . Should make my break in a breeze :)

Smithy

This is going to work out nicely for me . I have a few weeks to take notes while you go through your break in period . Should make my break in a breeze :)

They're harder work than the Roughouts but by no means terrible. They look great too.