• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOF A-3 cap, planet of the apes or not

dinomartino1

I'm buying some jeans from soldier of fortune and was was thinking of getting their A-3 cap but in the photos they look weird.
Has anybody got one from them, is it just the way they have put them on the dummies head or are really cone shaped, I like the colour of the tan one.
The pictures of the green one shows shows the gorilla skull shape.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/usaaf-mechanics-a3-cap-khaki-product,20315

USAAF-Mechanics-A3-Cap-Khaki-150917-1.JPG

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/usaaf-mechanics-a3-cap-green-product,20316

USAAF-Mechanics-A3-Cap-Green-150917-1.JPG

USAAF-Mechanics-A3-Cap-Green-150917-4.JPG

vp762-1_gorilla-skull-male-model_1.jpg

Bombing IP

To me the caps are what you are looking for they look pointed because the head there using is to big for the cap so it cannot be pulled down to the correct position . The top cap is a bigger size so it fits as it should . Just the person who set up the hat for the shoot did not have 2 caps the same size .

BIP

dmar836

The photographed head may be too big but that just shows how incorrectly huge the crown is - all the way pulled down and still lots of room left. The crown on original and correct repros should be much shallower and be tight on the skull before maxing out on your ears.
If a person/company has the skill and/or the equipment/connections to have these made why not do it correctly? They have done all the hard manufacturing part. An original is not hard to copy so why have the "good enough for most" mentality? Amazing.

aviator99

Eastman Leather is offering their A-3 cap again and WWII Impressions offers a really nice A-3 for the price.

dmar836

Aviator, thanks. I see this is your first post. Welcome, but please go over and make a post in the bio section of the forum.
Dave